Wednesday, October 26, 2011

Surgery tomorrow morning 7:30 a.m.

Surgery tomorrow morning 10/27 at 7:30 am


After a few errands and a cleaning binge, I am starting the surgery prep--how fun (not!)


Today I am thankful that my date got moved up to tomorrow; 
       (thanks for being part of that miracle! see the prior posts if you missed it!)
for my docs and the surgeon;
for employment with great insurance; 
for good friends who keep me in prayer; 
for sweet words of encouragement; 
for pretty leaves and my flock of goldfinches; 
I am thankful that this is so minor compared to what other people deal with -- 
   ya it is unpleasant and kinda scary - 
   but it is nothing compared to the severe illness or death of a child or spouse, to divorce
          It is nothing compared to living in a war-torn country, or devastation, or persecution
          It is nothing compared to not knowing God's provision and strength
                                                   to facing these things with no hope. 
I am blessed!


As I prepare for surgery, and work to overcome anxiety - here's some of what gives me strength:


Josh 1:9 Be strong and courageous.  Do not be terrified; do not be discouraged, 
                for the Lord your God will be with you wherever you go."  (even into surgery)
Is 43:1-3 "Fear not for I have redeemed you;
                    I have summoned you by name, you are mine.
                When you pass through the waters I will be with you (not if, when! There will be trouble!)
                    ...when you walk through the fire, you will not be burned
                    the flames will not set you ablaze for I am the Lord your God.
Ps 50:15 Call upon me in the day of trouble- 
                 I will deliver you, and you will honor me!
Ps 34:18-19 The Lord is close to the brokenhearted 
                       and saves those who are crushed in spirit.
                       A righteous man has many troubles, but the Lord delivers him from them all!
Gen 15:1 Do not be afraid Christine, I am your shield and your very great reward!
                      (actually, it is Abram, but I like to think He's talking to me!)
Rom 8:31 If God is for us, 
                  who can be against us?
2 Cor 12:9  My grace is sufficient for you for my power is made perfect in weakness.
                         (it makes it easier to be weak and needy knowing this)


When facing something tough, I have often picked a verse and said it over and over to keep myself from going nuts.....these are some of those verses....Maybe one will help you.


Thanks for praying for me -- I have been lifting up those things you have sent to me--thank you for letting me pray with you!  Over the next few days, I won't have much else to do - so keep em comin'  :)


Todd will be writing for the next few times to let you know how we are doing --Thanks for checking in and for praying for us!  You are a blessing!

                   



No comments:

Post a Comment