Monday, October 24, 2011

Details, details, details

Nothing really new to report -- 


I have been working feverishly on all the details that go into being laid up for a week or so
  dad's house closing
  dog food, medicine and dog care
  putting away the mountains of stuff that came from my dad's 
      (It makes me nuts to have it all around-- it's not that I am such a domestic diva!)  
  phone calls for closing, pre-admitting, pre-surgical testing, the doc, the vet
  errands - pharmacy for meds, returns to multiple places, groc store for "clear liquids", post 
     office for closing,
  instructions on preparations for surgery -
      The pharmacist was so tactful when explaining what all I was supposed to do.  
       "Don't have any plans that evening"     hahaha  - that is an understatement!  
       and thanks to a dear friend - I have two ply to make life that much better!  :)




In the "how are you doing" category --
I am ok -- not great, not terrible --just trying to get stuff done.  
Frustration ranks really high today.   My to do list just gets longer!  
It was a lovely day and I spent it doing "stuff" and never got out in the garden, which is "fun" for me.  I wouldn't mind so much if one could SEE what I accomplished, but it is all pretty nebulous and unsatisfying.  
I know it's going to be Winter before I can blink and my daffodils are still not planted :( Anyone want to plant daffodils?  
Every once in awhile I get a wave of fear -- then I remember all the things that have happened to bring me this far--how my appointment got changed--and my fear receeds somewhat.  
I keep thinking that I will waken from a bad dream, enjoy my morning coffee and go on with life as it was---
It's not happenin' tho!  


Things I am thankful for today:  Sunshine, dear friends-near and far, phone and computer to keep me connected, trash men to haul away all my junk, my sweet dog who makes me laugh when I am crabby, pretty leaves, the birds who love my feeders, tomorrow, because Todd comes home....
     and each of these are a gift from God....
         "every good and perfect gift is from above, coming down from the Father of the heavenly
           lights......James 1:17


G'night y'all --








No comments:

Post a Comment