Saturday, October 15, 2011

Q and A

Here's some questions I have gotten --
What kind of cancer do you have?
     moderately differentiated invasive adenocarcinoma - the most common form of colon 
     cancer
What stage is it?
     they have not staged it yet -- that will happen in surgery
How big is it?
     3 - 5 cm - flat along the wall of the colon not going completely around it though
Where is it?
     Sigmoid Colon - Left side of my body - prob just below my waist line
How long have you had it?
     3-5 years  (that is so weird to me!)
What's the next step?
     Wait for the first round lynch syndrome results (should have mid week)
Who are you rooting for - Brewers or Cardinals?
     Being a Cub fan, that is really hard.  Brewers, I guess because so many of my friends here
     are so very, very excited. However, last night they sure didn't deserve to win anything!!!  The
     general feeling here seems to be somewhat apprehensive because "the Cardinals always 
     win."   To be really truthful -- I haven't had time to think about it! 
How are you doing?  in one word - overwhelmed. For details, see below :)
     My dad's house has me fully occupied - making decisions about what to keep, to auction,and
     to donate, bearing  in mind that "keeping" means its coming here -- which is full already!  
    
     We have to move things around here to accommodate what I do want to keep, which means 
     a lot of emptying to move - and as long as we are emptying, lets decide what to part with, -- 
     and how shall we part with it? donate or sell--will the boys want it? aahhh
     Throw in a little (lot) of guilt that I am not treasuring everything that was a treasure to my
     parents and it can really mess w your head!  Fortunately I have Todd who says "pitch it!"
     
     A constantly playing symphony in the background of my brain is the projects I had wanted to 
     get accomplished this Spring, Summer and Fall (like new windows to keep us warm this 
     Winter) and planting daffodils so Spring comes brightly.  
     
     Other than that?  Basically, I am fine - with a few lapses into bitterness -"why me" --- or into
     panic --- with an occasional turn into grieving --- or a trot down "anger" alley.  
     I think this means I am normal?  That should bring a few comments!  :)  
         He who dwells in the shelter of the most high
         will rest in the shadow of the almighty (Ps 91:1)  
             not "will struggle", "will rest."  I am working at sticking close to my God



Other misc info: 
Normal Bloodwork and vitals are all very good. (I am healthy!)
Tumor markers came in at 1.3 and normal is 0 - 5 so that would not be a red flag.
     This is a blood test that checks for elevations that would indicate a tumor growing 
     somewhere in your body


I continue to be so very thankful for all of you who are lifting me up in prayer and for your sweet words of encouragement.  So many of you also have serious situations in your own lives -- I am honored that you take time for me--and truly humbled!  Thank you so much.  If you send me messages, I will lift you up also.  That way we can encourage each other.  Blessings to each of you! 




No comments:

Post a Comment