Sunday, October 9, 2011

how we found out ...


Dear Friends and Family --
In the category of "you have got to be kidding me," -- I was looking forward to life getting back to normal in several weeks after we sell dad’s house.  However --I had a colonoscopy yesterday and the doc said that I probably have colon cancer. He didn’t want me to waste several days waiting for pathology and referred me to the Vince Lombardi clinic at Aurora St. Luke’s Medical center.  I have an appointment on Monday at noon meeting with a team of cancer docs who will manage my case. Tomorrow morning I am having a cat scan.  I already had an ultra sound.
Please pray for the cancer to be gone totally, or localized with no metastisis, for the doc’s wisdom and our strength.  Please also pray for our family.  I would ask for understanding if you call, text or e-mail either of us and we do not respond to you immediately or personally.  It is difficult to process everything ourselves, keep everyone up to date and take care of life's necessities, like working.  It is not a reflection on you or your friendship, rather sheer exhaustion.  We very much appreciate all your prayers and support.  They keep us going. 

The devil must not be too happy with what we are doing—cause he sure is messin’ with us! 
It is no accident that our Tues Bible study is on choosing gratitude in every situation.  It is no accident either, that my devotion on Tues was about the blessings God has given us, particularly in hard things.  Can I practice what I preach?  Can I be thankful in this situation? I confess having a hard time with it.  I was looking forward to normal.  I am thankful for good docs - good insurance and great friends!  
My parents used to say in German – everything stands firmly in God’s hands. I know God works all things together for good to those who love him.  I am thankful for his word and his promises -- Therein do I put my hope.  I will keep you posted. Thanks for your prayers and friendship.  They are what hold us up!
-- 

Christine

No comments:

Post a Comment