Thursday, October 27, 2011

Out of Surgery

The doctor started on time and ended early!  She was done about 8:30.  She is in recovery and will be there until about 10 or 11 am.

The doctor's report was good.  He only needed to make one small incision so the process went much faster.  It was easier he said because she is small. "The typical Wisconsin person would have take a lot longer" :-).  He took out about 8 inches and said clearly there was a "hard" area where the tumor was.  He did not see any obvious signs of the cancer spreading or it in the lymph nodes.  We will have a full pathology report at the end of next week.

I will post more later and see if she will let me take a picture :-)

He is hopeful that she can be released by Sunday.  She has to have a BM, no bloating or discomfort.

Christine is at St. Luke's Hospital (27th and Oklahoma Ave.)
Room F 3250

Thanks for ALL your prayers and concern.  literally hundreds of Facebook posts and texts.  I can't keep up with you all!  To God the glory.

Phil 1
 3 I thank my God every time I remember you. 4 In all my prayers for all of you, I always pray with joy 5 because of your partnership in the gospel from the first day until now, 6 being confident of this, that he who began a good work in you will carry it on to completion until the day of Christ Jesus.

1 comment:

  1. John and I prayed for both of you today. You are on my favorite part of town, where I grew up. May I suggest a Leon's strawberry sundae. I ate one every Friday with a hot dog while going to Pulaski High School. Leon's is just south of Oklahoma on 27th street, West side of street. Milwaukee landmark, enjoy. Posted Charles Spurgeon devotion on Christine's facebook. Have a Blessed day, both of you. Praying you through and GOD IS GOOD!!!!! Brenda Perry

    ReplyDelete