Monday, October 31, 2011

Stayed Home and Misc Questions Answered

Todd went to closing - I am making sure the couch doesn't move!


If it were not for the 5 hours (at least) with a seatbelt strapped over the sorest part of me, I really feel decent enough to have gone to closing and closed this chapter! 
It is a little frustrating, but I'll get over it.  I hate missing Todd time, but just too sore to go.  
Besides, someone has to make sure the couch doesn't move!


Here's some questions people have asked:

How much of your colon did they remove?  about 8 inches


How big is your incision? 2 1/2 - 3 inches


How big was the tumor? they give the largest dimension, which was 3.5 cm


What stage is it?  have to wait for pathology - sometime this week


When will you have pathology back?  sometime this week


When do you see the oncologist?  that depends on the pathology


Do you have to do chemo? that depends on pathology - hopefully no


Do you have to change your diet?  that depends on how my body adjusts to 8" less colon --
    some people have no problems at all.  others have diarrhea the rest of their lives. we'll see


Do you have to change your activities?  can't lift over 10 pounds. pain makes me move slowly.


How do you feel?  tired most of the time. like I have a hole in my gut. (pretty words huh?)  it burns



Is there anything I can do? I could use help planting daffodils and cleaning up my back yard
   and if I don't rebound soon, cleaning my house, but I am picking away at cleaning. 
  (I can't sit all the time or I'll get adhesions!)  


How are you doing? thankful!  very, very thankful.
  --that this was found, seemingly early 
  --that Dr Carballo didn't waste time  
  --for my courageous husband who had to tell me I had cancer
  --that Doc C got me in with the surgeon, Dr Klas, quickly  
  --for the Vince Lombardi clinic (one stop shopping - all docs/disciplines under one roof)
        the amount of time it took Dad going to 3 different docs was crazy!  it took 5 days to confirm
        his diagnosis in January! 
  --for Carla, my cancer coordinator who gets questions answered and things scheduled
  --for YOU ALL who prayed to get my surgery date moved a WHOLE MONTH! 
       see the blog from 10/19
  --for YOU ALL praying me through closing down and cleaning out my dad's house in the rain
     (- an emotional end of an era...)
  --for YOU ALL who encouraged me as I did the pre-surgical testing and preparation
  --for YOU ALL who prayed specifically during my surgery and recovery time
  --for YOU ALL lifting up Todd as he cared for me -- staying in touch and keeping him sane
     (the hospital is a tough place to be, any way you slice it!) Thank you for strengthening him!   
  --for those who stepped up to shoulder some of Todd's work responsibilities so he could be 
    with me 
  --for YOU ALL caring for the dog, cards, coming to see me, praying more, dropping off food, 
  --for YOU ALL sending me notes, e-mails, texts to support and encourage me
  --for YOU ALL being so thrilled to see me again  
How am I?  I am blessed beyond belief!!!  In the face of such love and support, how can I be otherwise?


Ps 50:15 says "call on me in the day of trouble. 
                           I will deliver you and you will honor me"
Ps 78:4 says "we will tell the next generation the praiseworthy deeds of the Lord


That is why I am doing this blog -- 
   to point to the source of my strength, God. 
   to give examples of how He is not just in the big things, but also the details. 


Thank you for all you have done!  It is deeply appreciated!

No comments:

Post a Comment