Friday, October 14, 2011

A funny thing to be thankful for --

I am thankful to say that the cancer is in the colon and not in the rectum!  


People are so funny when they say--oh I am so glad!  and then hastily say - well not that you have cancer but, you know.....
:)
This means no chemo, just surgery!  Yippee!  (funny how perspectives change!)
We are still waiting for results from the Lynch syndrome test, but will optimistically move forward and schedule surgery -- 


We should know the first pass results on the Lynch on Wed or Thus.  


Lest you think I live in a perpetually positive world, I was not as calm going to this appointment as I would have liked to be.   The receptionist was a lovely lady.  When she asked what I was there for and why, she looked very surprised and asked if I was really there for that.  When I said yes, she referred to God's timing being perfect, but that she was praying that the cancer would be all gone  :) She reminded me that we have a good God who loves us -- and then she came out from behind her big reception desk and gave me a big hug.  God story or coincidence?  I know my answer!  He knew what I needed right then and gave it to me!  


On another note -- some people have e-mailed that they cannot leave comments.  I think that I have changed the settings so now you can.  Let me know if you cannot and I'll try something different.  


I am profoundly thankful for this news -- it leaves me free to finish up at my dad's house without having to worry about chemo!   Thanks for reading this and for all the thoughts and prayers!  We appreciate them a great deal!  


For some reason I am very tired -- a nap sounds perfect!

3 comments:

  1. Great news, Chris! So happy for you!

    Cindy Sachs~

    ReplyDelete
  2. There are so many things to be faithful for and we don't even realize how God is working. I am thankful that you are a faithful woman of God and though we do not know each other well you are a blessing to me by your peace in God's provision.

    ReplyDelete