Monday, October 17, 2011

no news yet....

I wasn't planning to write until we had a date to give you, but so many have contacted me asking when surgery is, but --
I don't know yet! 
We are working on scheduling, but between waiting for Lynch results and the surgeon's schedule, we have challenges.  
(Can you believe there are other people besides me who need surgery???)


The scheduler asked if I wanted surgery Wed - as in the day after tomorrow.  
Did I mention that I am in Indiana, trying to finally get this house EMPTY and set up movers and execute the move?  as in by-the-end-of-the-week?
so no, Wed would not suit me!
but mostly because we won't have the Lynch Syndrome results yet..... 
poor thing -- she said -- "I'm sorry ma'am, I am just the scheduler.  He told me to ask."  
hahahaha (laughing is more fun than crying!)
The next available was mid - late November - which feels really far away.  This is supposedly a slow growing cancer, but I am verifying that.  
I promise to let you know when I am scheduled.  
  
Things I am thankful for today:
      friends of friends praying all over the country for me-WA, MT and NC- wow!
      an unexpected conversation with a friend this morning- and the hug to go with it!
      safe travel to IN for me and to upper WI for Todd
      my sweet old travel buddy Chance (God, Pls keep him goin'--he is such a blessing to me!)
      the men from the homeless shelter who came and took lots 'o stuff that I don't have
          to deal with now!  
      a soft bed, in a warm house, with clean water, in a country at peace! 
      internet from my dad's wonderful neighbors and 
      cell phone service so I don't feel so alone!
      for Karla, the cancer coordinator - who deals with all my docs and answers all my ????
      You!  Thanks for the outpouring of love -- In all my life, I have never felt this kind of support
          and love.  I continue to be "blown away!"   


Do not be anxious about anything, but in everything by prayer and petition with thanksgiving, present your requests to God,  and the peace of God, which transcends all understanding, will guard your hearts and minds in Christ Jesus.   Phil 4:6-7


I am proof of this peace -- without it, I would be in the rubber room - and Todd would be so sad without me!!  :)


May you know this peace!  
love and thanks to you-















1 comment:

  1. We love you Chris. You continue to be in our prayers. As I read your posts I am amazed at your courage, hope and the trust you continue to have in our Lord and Savior. You truly are an inspiration to all of us. I really hope you know that. Thinking of you and hope you can come back to WI soon!

    ReplyDelete