Saturday, October 22, 2011

Done with the sprint--now the marathon

Dad's house is empty and clean -- and all the stuff is here--


I am thankful to be this far!  It has been some exhausting days!  Here are some high points
 - unexpected phone conferences on Wed - packing day
 - late night packing Wed night
 - stormy and pouring rain for loading
 - communication problems with the movers
 - 3 movers, 3 men from the auctioneer, 2 men from the charity shelter, my real estate agent, 
   and the buyers insurance agent all there! 
 - loading took longer b/c of the rain
 - damage to furniture b/c of foolishness!
 - many feet make big mess - cleaning took longer
 - left at 2:40 p.m. (the kiss of death)
 - miracle: despite the wind and rain, the traffic was non-existant!  I pulled in at 5! 
 - Paul is home on fall break, which was a very nice welcome home and help unloading!
 - further miscommunication with the movers (prob the worst move I have had!)
 - the furniture mostly fit where I thought (the basement is a wreck-looks like a storage locker)
 - stuff is everywhere -- very disordered - makes me crazy!

We are celebrating Paul's 21st birthday today by going to dinner and the Blackhawks game tonight - so the mess will sit - along with my garden.....


Thank you for the messages -- I am ok - exhausted - on an emotional roller coaster ----
it was very strange to roll out of Valpo for the last time.....to leave dad's house....to have his furniture here....


The Lord opens his hand and satisfies the desires of every living thing....Ps 145;16


I am thankful to be this far.  Thank you for holding us up. We love you all.  


  

No comments:

Post a Comment