Monday, January 2, 2012

Wear out rather than Rust out! A great beginning to 2012!

I am so thankful that I have felt great since the 22 of Dec until now!
    
After our trip to Montana, we left the next morning to drive to  North Carolina to visit Todd's parents and our friends, the Hahns and the Wightons.   No naps for me! I Felt strong and relatively healthy. The weather was absolutely beautiful -- 60's and Sunny--which was so fun!  We stayed and played as long as possible -- This has included:
lots of R & R
watching old movies
several multi mile walks (Chance did great!)
  loved the hills and walking in the woods!
great food and great conversations
lots of extra sleep
taking pictures 
laughing
playing with a sweet puppy
a motorcycle ride  
fireworks to celebrate the new year
a big bonfire
a morning fire
games
safety driving home-
   saw many, many spin outs due to slick conditions 
   passed 2 multi car pile ups- one outside of Cincinnati had upwards of 30 cars!
   drove through several "white outs" of snow and blowing snow
   navigated icy pavement with no problems
       very very thankful for Todd being such a great driver!  
Through all of this -- Feeling great!   Woo hoo!!!  


Wear out rather than rust out!  (Live life instead of watching life go by!)


2012 is going to be a great year!  Last year was a really hard year and yet there were so many examples of God's provision through out the whole year.  Heb 13:8 says He is the same yesterday, today and tomorrow.  
   He will take care of me, no matter what comes -- 


It has has been a great beginning to this year -- and I have much more to look forward to!  Wedding bells!  :)  


Thanks God, for the wonderful time!  I appreciate the encouragement and the reminder of what it feels like to be healthy!  It makes Chemo number 4 tomorrow easier to face--and I know you will help me with that as you have every other one.....


Blessings to each of you and thank you for the prayers!
  

2 comments:

  1. Hooray for a good Christmas break for you and Todd! That is awesome!

    I'll be praying for you tomorrow...oh and today, too! You can do this..."I can do ALL things, through Christ who strengthens me!" ALL things!

    Hang in there.
    Hugs,
    Amy Kutz

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete