Sunday, January 22, 2012

God Give me Guts

Paul goes back to school today- the house will seem empty!
This cough has quite a hold on me - fighting w/ vitamins, peroxide nose drops, lots of citrus....
   and coughing a lot...my nose is raw and my head hurts - pity party!


Side effects-
Hands are stinging much of the time -- makes Winter a challenge!
Still wearing sea bands for nausea, but off the pills - feeling not so great
Taste buds tempermental - what tastes great one time, I can't even look at the next -
   the only thing that consistently goes down well is salad - go figure - not exactly your basic 
   "comfort food"!  Have I said thank you for the amazing meals??? Y'all are so loving - 
   Thank you for making life more bearable!  We really love receiving them -Thank you so much!
Some of you have asked about my hair -- You are so sweet and tactful :)  My hair is thinning. 
  Chemo week, a lot comes out in the brush -- not quite tuft-like, but a lot in the brush. Chance
  and I compete as to who has more hair on the floor :)  Fortunately, I have a lot of hair, and it
  does seem to re-grow -- I do not have any bald patches for which I am thankful, because that 
  would be cold as well as unattractive!  So if you see me with a hat, it is just cause I like hats :) 
I continue to wear out easily- but  "wear out rather than rust out!"  
  It's hard exercise and avoid crowds and not freeze! challenges! challenges!
Enough whining -- and feel free to ask me anything!  If anyone can benefit from this, I am happy to help!  



Some of you have asked about Karl's job situation -- He did get on the schedule at the Hilton.  It is for just a few hours a week - maybe 10 ish - all nights/weekends.  Buckle fell through and he is waiting on Brett's RV and Starbucks, hoping to land a day job.  He has also registered for 2 classes for this semester- which is what he can take and still establish in-state residency....He is a high energy young man who loves to be busy and
idle hands are the devil's workshop...Thank you for lifting his situation up!


I am thankful for the daily encouragement that I get from my collection of devotionals.  Yesterday's devotion from Streams in the Desert (LB Cowman) was thought provoking.   Here's an excerpt:
   "The moment we receive anything from the Lord worth fighting for, the Devil comes seeking to destroy us.  
    When the Enemy confronts us.....we should accept it as evidence of our salvation..Power is developed through resistance...A power plant produces additional electricity by using the friction of the rotating turbines.  And one day, we too will understand that even Satan has been used as one of God's instruments of blessing!.....
     Tribulation is the door to triumph.  The valley leads to the open highway and tribulation's imprint is on every great accomplishment.  Crowns are cast in crucibles...."in this world you will have trouble" (John 16:33) and then the promise"Take heart!  I have overcome the world!"
    ...The steps that lead to thrones are stained with spattered blood...It is no secret that grief has always fallen to people of greatness....."


God, give me Guts to persevere....and do it thankfully...
  
     











No comments:

Post a Comment