Sunday, January 8, 2012

Rip Van Moritz

This chemo has been very different - I have slept a ton, energy is lacking but nausea is less!  


Yesterday seemed like one nap after another!  Today was more normal, though I was pooped at church - the standing and chatting before and after was more than I could do - fortunately I found chairs to plop down in.  People may have thought I was nuts - cause I don't really look sick - oh well - it keeps em guessing!  :)


I had several people say hi at church and that they were praying for me --and I didn't know even know them!  I had to ask their names.....It continues to amaze me the outpouring of love and support -- so many other people have so many worse problems than I do.....I am truly blessed!  


Thankful to go to church - 
for y'all praying for me
that there were chairs when I needed them
for Pastor Roger Heintz


We sang "Blessed be Your Name" today at church - http://youtu.be/0cAvqByM1Fk
"Every blessing  you pour out - I'll turn back in praise
When the darkness closes in Lord - still I will say
Blessed be the name of the Lord - Blessed be His glorious name...
On the road marked with suffering, though there's pain in the offering
Blessed be your name....
You give and take away--You give and take away.....
My heart will choose to say, Lord Blessed be your name"


It struck me that the health and strength that I was blessed with over Christmas is no more a blessing than my weakness and sleepiness now.  

But-- 
  can I be thankful for both?  
           You give health and strength and You take away health and strength...
My heart will choose to say, 
    Lord Blessed be your name.....

          Thankful for my weakness that reminds me how much I need him.....

No comments:

Post a Comment