Monday, January 16, 2012

Fun Weekend -- Now back to business - # 5 is underway

Very thankful for a fun weekend! Packed a lot of life into a short amount of time

I walked today for the first time with no hand warmers!  Still cold sensitive, but once I start to sweat, my hands seem to be able to stay warm on their own! There's a plug for exercising! :)
Side effects diminished to minimal as of Sat - the most troublesome thing is the skin on my hands cracking.  


We had a great family weekend.  The Stanley Cup was at the Ozaukee Ice Center, where the Concordia Falcons were playing hockey.  Our family and Todd's brother's family all went up to see it - pictures will follow shortly on facebook!  We enjoyed the hockey game and had a blast with the kids.  After the hockey game, we did a quick change and went to a banquet to celebrate our senior pastor's retirement - Pastor Roger Heintz will be sorely missed!  
Today after church, Todd went to a beer brewing class :) and now we are brewing!


My goals for Sunday were to get the Christmas decs down, get the house clean and focus on some scripture to build my courage.  So far, I have accomplished nothing except for a long nap! 
Guess that's what I needed!


So--to calm the butterflies: 
Gen 15:1
Do not be afraid Christine, I am your shield and your very great reward!!
Josh 1:9 
Be strong and courageous! Do not be afraid, do not be discouraged for the Lord your God will be with you wherever you go!
Matt 10:28
So do not be afraid of those who kill the body, but cannot kill the soul....
John 14:27
Peace I leave with you, my peace I give to you.  I do not give to you as the world gives, so do not let  your hearts be troubled and do not be afraid.  
Ps 27:1
The Lord is my light and my salvation, whom shall I fear.  The Lord is the stronghold of my life, of whom shall I be afraid?  
2 Cor 10:5
we take every thought captive and make it obedient to Christ -
Luke 10:19
I have given you authority to trample on snakes and scorpions and to overcome all the power of the enemy -- nothing can harm you.  
Zech 4:6
Not by might, nor by power, but by my spirit says the Lord Almighty.  
John 13:7 
Jesus answered, "You do not know now what I am doing, but later you will understand."


Now I am sitting in an infusion chair - chemo number 5 of 12 underway...
It feels as though I am being pumped full of lead - my energy slips away....
It is replaced with heaviness and aches --
Blood counts were good - only one indicator was slightly low - so I am thankful for that! 
Thank you for praying us through this - it helps so much!

No comments:

Post a Comment