Friday, January 13, 2012

Prayer makes a difference....

 A little more energy today (finally!) but still flame out pretty quickly.
Side effects the same - glad they are not worse!!!


So many of you have prayed for me since the beginning of this chapter and you probably remember the way God answered some of those prayers in pretty dramatic fashion --
    the surgery date being moved a whole month after getting  nowhere trying to change it- 
    how quickly I healed after surgery - 
    how great I felt over Christmas.......to name a few....
Well, I have another one.  
Our oldest son Karl (just got engaged, lives in Missoula, MT) was laid off at Thanksgiving from his job as a laborer at an HVAC company.  He has been searching for work since - turning in lots of applications - talking to lots of people - you know the drill.  


When we spoke on Monday, he was very discouraged, and my mother's heart hurt for him.  When I am hurting, I run to my friends - Monday afternoon I reached out asking them to pray for Karl.  Over the next 48 hours things totally changed....
He had applied at the Hilton where he had worked in the catering division a year ago.
   They called and said that they really like to hire people back and to stop in and fill out papers.
A friend of his is a former manager at the Buckle store.  He told Karl to let him know when Karl 
   applied there, and he would call and put in a good word for him.  He has had his 2nd interview.
One of the young life kids had mentioned to her dad that Karl was looking for work -- Her dad 
  runs the place  that anyone in the area goes to if they are buying a boat or an RV.  Her dad 
  called Karl and told him to come in and fill out an application.  
A friend of a friend works at a Starbucks - she also invited Karl to fill out an application.  
He also has leads at the YMCA.....
          So - while he is not yet employed, it certainly looks so much more hopeful than it did!


This is not an advertisement to say - if you're out of work, pray more!  Many are out of work and pray a LOT and don't get this kind of an answer 
However - 
when God does answer prayers in an visible way, I have to share that!!!  
Ps 50:15 -- Call upon me in the day of trouble.  I will deliver you, and you will honor me!
It's what I am called to do!  



By the way, I know he and his circle had been praying - It's not that my prayer warriors are so influential or whatever -(though they are a pretty amazing group of people!)-
I think of it more like the parable of the persistent widow, in John 18, who got justice by continuous pestering!  (v 1-8)
- we chimed in with the voices already pestering!  


I leave you with the words from Daniel 9:23
As soon as you began to pray, a word went out, which I have come to tell you....



Never doubt that God hears your prayers -- even when you cannot see the answers, or you don't like the answers.....God does hear and he has a plan - 
Jer 29:11 - for I know the plans I have for you -- plans to prosper you and not to harm you.....


Thank you for so faithfully lifting me and my family up to the Lord!  It does make a difference!

No comments:

Post a Comment