Sunday, January 29, 2012

Walk with them where they have never walked before....

Cold still hangs on -Energy coming back though!  Yay!  I feel like myself today!
Side effects have dwindled down, for which I am thankful, though the tiredness hangs on.
6th chemo tomorrow.  


Many of you wrote encouraging me with my emotions, which is very kind of you.  Thank you -- when I referred to my temper, I was pretty kind.  The reaction that I have sometimes is rage -- like I want to break something, or hit something or verbally discect someone.   That's foreign to me and catches me off guard.  (When I was younger...well that's another story).   This combined with the filter problem makes me conscious of editing what I say.  Anyway - Thanks for the kind words.  


One of the things that I have become aware of more clearly through this journey is the importance of being connected to others-especially the body of believers.  
Every day there are hard things happening around us.  Discipline issues, illness, fights within the family, divorce, scandals, death, addictions -- It happens to people all around us.  As these things happen, our friends are the ones who hold us up 
  - who pray us through 
    - who fill in the gaps-
      - who lead us back to Christ when our faith wavers.   


Y'all have been so loving to us -- who else do you know that may need a friend?  
You've heard the expression, "You may be the only bible someone reads."  
Be aware of those around you that have looked down in the dumps lately, or who are super cranky.  They may be in the midst of their own crisis!  Smile at them.  Strike up a conversation.  Be the friend that they need.  Pray for them 
    [probably to yourself -- you don't want to scare them off! ; )]  
Your friendship may open the way for you to share the reason for your hope.  Your kindness may be their first introduction to the Lord or the first step in their faith growth -- 


It is easier to walk where you have not been when someone is leading you....


As you have blessed us, please bless them also!  
Pray for those around you and never doubt the effectiveness of your prayers.  The last year has been one of the hardest we have endured between my father's diagnosis and death and my diagnosis.  Yet your prayers have carried us.  You have walked this road with us.   
So who else besides us need prayers? 


Dear Ones -- You are teaching me to receive...oh how hard that is!  
I am being taught the lesson of learning to ask for help.  It is hard and humbling to ask for help.  Usually I am the one offering to help...
I am blessed to attend a bible study that meets on Tues. mornings.  These friends have volunteered to come pick me up so that I can still go to bible study.  Small thing? To be there at 9:00, I have to leave by 8:00 because of traffic!  Did I mention that they live by church?  They are on the road by 7 and drive me back home afterwards, so I can be a part of the group.....  Friends carry us through the crises! 
We are further blessed by the meals friends bring.  Very humbling! 


Again, thank you for all you have done-- for leading us, for praying us through on this road we have never walked before!  

No comments:

Post a Comment