Friday, January 6, 2012

Ephiphany! 1/3 of the way done!

Disconnected yesterday!  Yay! The down hill slide has begun-

Yesterday and today the energy slips away quickly.  I really have to force myself to function (things like getting dressed, or having a conversation) and am very tired at the end of the task.  I have no idea how someone would do this and work -- they are stronger than I am!  
Nausea hovers around the fringes - but thankfully is manageable --
As an example of how life goes here, I sat on the couch last night about dinner time, "reading" (i.e. staring at the pages).  Todd came home, and I remember saying hi to him, but didn't get up.  I tipped over on the couch, my head in my book, and pulled my feet up--2 hours later I woke up...He and Paul had made dinner, banging plates and using the microwave, had talked, done computer stuff, and cleaned up dinner.  I slept through all of it!  
That's how it is -- I do something, then I nap. Then I try and do something else and I doze off....  

I am thankful for the sunshine and moderate temps - forced myself to walk yesterday about 1 1/2 miles when I got home from the disconnect -- really tired after that tho.  Hoping to get out there again today...self discipline is hard!
Also thankful for dinner being delivered --
   I've made dinner for people, but never realized what a huge blessing it really is!
Thankful that I am 1/3 of the way done.

Today's devotion from Jesus Calling, by Sarah Young, has a line in it which caught my attention (before I drifted back to sleep)
"Do not be discouraged by the fact that many of your prayers are yet unanswered.  Time is a trainer, teaching you to wait upon Me, to trust ME in the the  dark."

...which made me thing of  the song by Lincoln Brewster http://youtu.be/gYx4Cv9CPFE
(dont' know why this is not a link in the post - it is in the draft - sorry!)
"strength will rise as we wait upon the Lord...you are the everlasting God..."
"you're the defender of the weak -- you comfort those in need -- you lift us up on wings like eagles...."


May you run and not grow faint!


On a different and funny note, a friend sent this-it made me smile-thought you'd laugh also!  
"I did not know this...
When you drink vodka over ice, it can give you kidney failure.
When you drink rum over ice, it can give you liver failure.
When you drink whiskey over ice, it can give you heart problems.
When you drink gin over ice, it can give you brain problems.
Apparently, ice is really bad for you. 
Warn all your friends!!!!"
:)

No comments:

Post a Comment