Saturday, January 21, 2012

Saturday catch up!

Coming back to life!  Still sleeping lots - cough hanging on-not much energy. 


Facial swelling has abated (thank goodness!) 
Still lacking in energy - but more today than yesterday - very thankful!  
Walked yesterday - about 3 miles at the mall.  Yay
Have trouble drinking enough because of the taste - 
   It has to be body temp or it paralyzes/cramps my tongue....
   This eliminates so much! 
   Would you want to drink warm gatorade? fruit juice?  yuck! whine, whine, whine.... 


Getting great joy from watching the birds.  They are so tiny, and there are so many of them.  It is great fun to watch them cue up for the many feeders (thanks to our son, Paul for filling them for me!)  
They are a constant reminder to me that my heavenly father cares for them, and will also care for me  (Matt 6:26)--moreover, as I think about that passage, "they neither sow nor reap" and he cares for them - so I guess he's ok with Christmas still being all over my house  :) (rationalizing!)


I continue to receive lovely cards -- and re-read them when I need a boost -- yesterday's mail brought me a card from a St Louis friend.  The message on the front struck me --


God will get you through -- not somehow, but Triumphantly! 
He can do what our strength could never do...
He will do what our hearts could never imagine.  
Eph 3:20 Now to him who is able to do immeasurably more than all we ask or imagine, according to his power that is at work within us....to Him be glory....  


As I sit here, marking time - ticking off minutes, this is such a comfort--particularly coupled with Romans 8:28 that God works all things together for GOOD to those who love him --


Am I glad to be sitting here fighting nausea and hacking away? No!  But I trust God to bring a good result from this....and know that it is a part of his plan.


Another friend sent me a plaque that makes me laugh -- it says 
"God give me Guts"
So the days that I especially need to just get through- that plaque reminds me to keep going - even when I have no energy on my own!  


Thankful for the beautiful snow
for the sun
for the Son
for Paul clearing snow
for Todd's patient, hardworking help and care of me
for my birdie reminders of God's love
for my bible study
for my friends


God's rich blessings as you catch up from the week.  









No comments:

Post a Comment