Wednesday, January 25, 2012

Roller Coaster

On an emotional roller coaster 
Cold getting better I think but slower than I would like!  (surprise!surprise!)

Emotionally - I'm not doing so well.  My temper is really short, and my filter isn't as strong as it usually is/should be and I cry easily....... 
Had something happen that I could tell by Todd's reaction was not that big a deal - but it put 
me into a tailspin.  Even after walking 2.25 miles, doing a bunch of stairs and doing laundry, I was still upset.  

The filter has been an ongoing project for the last 45 years and I had gotten better at not blurting out exactly what I was thinking -- notice I said better not perfect!  
This chemo makes me jittery/nervous/stressed/amped up -- however you want to say it--and the filter going is tied into that.  That's why I haven't posted -- I have been trying to figure out what is going on, and how to handle it and what to do/say.  Also didn't want to say something the wrong way. 
In my opinion, this is worse than nausea -- people give you grace if you are feeling rotten.  If you are rude and angry, they just think you're a witch!  
The physical side effects are easier for people to wrap their heads around.  The emotional is harder for them to grasp.  I remember my mom talking about the temper thing-that is was like a wave of rage where you just want to smash something -- or you cry over something that really isn't worthy of tears. 

Anyone had experience with this related to chemo?  

In the meantime - I am trying to cocoon a bit, as much to chill out as not to offend other people!  
The other thing that I do when life is upside down is to do something nice for someone else.  To that end, I helped out a friend this morning, wrote some thank you notes and talked to a friend that I had lost touch with (skype is great)  That helped my heart a bit....

I have also faithfully been flipping my memory verse cards - 
To keep my tongue in check: 
Prov 12:16 A fool shows his annoyance at once, but a prudent man overlooks an insult.
Prov 14:17 A quick tempered man does foolish things
Prov 15:1 A gentle answer turns away wrath, but a harsh word stirs up anger
   These are just a few of my "mouth" verses

Toward healing, the one I am dwelling on is part of Isaiah 30:15
  In repentance and rest is your salvation,
    In quiteness and trust is your strength

along with the reminder how to do this from Zech 4:6
  Not by might, nor by power,
    but by my Spirit, says the Lord Almighty

Thanks for checking in

1 comment:

  1. As someone who has had WAY too many friends with cancer...and another one just added to the list...PLEASE believe me when I tell you, we understand the physical AND the emotional pain. Cmon...you KNOW we are all crabby and "witchy" even when we are NOT on chemo!! Everyone will understand....and gladly take the hits for you. That's exactly how you know who your friends are. Praying continually for you. I have a cd for you that I keep forgetting to bring to church. It is a wonderful witness, and most importantly to me, it's really quite funny. I am taking it downstairs and putting next to my purse right now so I remember this Sunday. God's RICHEST Blessings!!!

    ReplyDelete