Tuesday, January 17, 2012

Made it to Bible Study!

This one is a bit worse that the past ones -- More tired - but felt ok to go to Bible Study, thanks to my chauffeur!


Side effects - 
exhaustion - greenish tinge to my skin-upset stomach-metallic taste in my mouth-poor balance-hands tingly-cracking skin-cough-clumsiness- muscle aches (like when you have the flue)- lack of self discipline-my mind works much more slowly --how's that for a whine list? 


Someone asked me today what it was like getting chemo - if I felt it going in.  
Yes, when they start me on the IV's, it feels cold.  The pre-meds I don't feel so much - the steroids and anti nausea meds.  With the Chemo though my heart often starts to race.  As I sit there, the energy that I go in with leaves, just as though the chemo pushes it out of my body.  It is like my blood changes to lead.  I feel very heavy and lethargic, and move quite slowly.  The upset stomach comes several hours later, the tingly hands begin immediately.  Over the course of 46 hours while I am on the pump, the downhill slide continues.  


I am thankful:
that the cold sensitivity has not affected my feet (which the raynauds attacked in prior years)
that the snow was not so deep that Ann couldn't come get me 
that y'all bless us with meals- this would be really miserable without your help!
that there was not more snow
that we are doing a Beth Moore study
that I have such a strong circle of support and prayers!


Over the weekend I had another person come up to me and introduce herself by saying that she read my blog faithfully.  I didn't know her at all!  She said that she was praying for me......
I am so humbled -- how many people are loving, caring  and praying for us!  I am blown away by the number of people who read this that don't know me personally!   Most are from the church -- another testimony to the body of Christ at work!  Thank you!


Matt 25:40 whatever you did for the least of these brothers of mine, you did for me.....


Be blessed in whatever you do, and be a blessing!




  







No comments:

Post a Comment