Wednesday, January 4, 2012

Round 4 continued

Feeling decent-more energy and stronger cognitively than the last round--nausea holding off, but can feel it coming.   


Not much news today -- had more side effects surface like headache, sweating (which also means chilling afterwards) and clumsyness. The cold sensitivity is always a challenge - I live with my "hot hands" handwarmers and my mittens.   This time I am eating and it tastes ok, though I wouldn't eat if I had to fix it -- strong aversion to handling food (weird!)  I am still struggling with being overly sensitive, though perhaps not so much as last time--you'd have to ask Todd and Paul :)
I go through cycles of energy/clear thinking fading to a crash of no energy at all and just sitting and staring.  The problem comes if this fading happens in the middle of a project - and sometimes my brain stops working mid-project...Makes for a lot of re-dos which is annoying.  


Have been trying to catch up on long overdue e-mails and thank you notes and laundry.  Also getting the tree undecorated --no worries I have til Monday! 

Thankful for:
friends who willingly make us dinners and deliver them with smiles and hugs
sunshine
birds at my birdbath
God's word
naps (took a 3 hour one today!) 
walking 1.5 miles
appetite
e-mail/texting/phone/blog to stay connected
not having mush-brain
for you reading this and encouraging me and praying for us


So much for this round of energy!  The couch is calling!


 -- What are you thankful for today?
I Thess 5:16-18
Be joyful always (even in the middle of cancer treatments? yes!)
Pray continually (my brain's not working -- 
                             "I told you to hide my word in your heart so it would be there when you need it!)
Give thanks in all circumstances (yes even and especially the really hard ones)
for this is God's will for you in Christ Jesus...


When we are thankful, grateful people our self centeredness evaporates and our attitude of gratitude spills over onto those around us -- We are much nicer to those we are around - and this is God's will for us......
We give thanks out of obedience and get blessed for that obedience!  God's economy!
Give thanks!

No comments:

Post a Comment