Tuesday, January 10, 2012

Wanna fight???

Feeling pretty decent over all-but very amped up, crabby - hence the title - 


Had pretty decent energy today, but not near yesterday.  Feel like I had way too much coffee - leaded!  Kinda shaky, edgy, crabby, grouchy--My poor family!  
Combine that with flashes of temper, and "filter failure" (all of which are side effects) and I am not very nice to be around.  
Be glad you get me on the screen and not in person!  
The nausea hangs around-tried today with no seabands, but am going back to them.
My hands have been bothering me a lot - today's the first day since chemo when I haven't used "hot hands" hand warmers -- and just to add to the fun, the skin on them is dry, cracky, peely, red.  Not a big deal, but I wash often in warm water to warm my hands up...
A headache hangs around for most of the day, contributing to the overall "yuck" feeling
Even though it was lovely today, I still haven't walked or exercised (Doc says to work out to encourage blood cells growth) so this is not a very good sign -- my self discipline seems to have left when the crabbiness started....rrrrrr ....wanna fight?  


Reading"Have a Little Faith"  and he has a funny quote in it
"The only difference between marital and martial is where you put the 'i'."
:)  Lets hope I can be marital and not martial!  I am sure Todd would appreciate that!  


Here's a window into the Moritz household -- We had an appointment today and we had to wait about 25 min. to get in.  Now many of you know that patience has never been my forte' and today I was absolutely loaded for bear! 
I was mad the guy was late - 
  I was mad somebody else cut ahead of us-
    I was mad the signing in process was fouled up-
      I was mad the receptionist was so "chatty"-
        I was mad it was sunny out and I had to be in there WAITING


My dear, sweet, patient husband sat on the far side of the table (out of swinging range) and just chuckled at my fuming.  I asked if he wanted to fight and he promptly replied "No!" with a sweet smile  (he's no fool!) but kept on chuckling - 
Him laughing at me made me laugh too - a little bit.  It helped to put things in perspective-helped me retrieve my filter :)  What a blessing he is!


So when I am grouchy, crabby and mean, I have to alter my mind set 
    if nothing else in pity on those around me!
How do I alter my mind set?  You got it~Give thanks!  
    Look for the 1/2 full glass instead of observing that it is 1/2 empty and dirty to boot!
What are you thankful for today?  
  You can set up an account and sign in and let me know -- I'd love to hear! e-mail's fine too
     
I am thankful for:
Todd                       sunshine         Gretchen's sweet spirit
growing                  friends             Paul being near by 
Chance                  sweaters         Karl encouraging me
kleenex                  forgiveness     cookies
Dr Frick                 
kids - youth- young people - however you want to say it
books to distract me 
encouraging cards to re read
that this will end
friends to "minister to"
that this is no worse than it is - 
prayer - that it changes me, that God hears and acts


The list is a little longer than sometimes cause my attitude was a lot snottier than sometimes!


Fix your eyes on Jesus, the author and perfecter of our faith.....Heb 12:2 
and Give Thanks Thess 5:16-18





No comments:

Post a Comment