Monday, April 30, 2012

Last chemo is underway!

So thrilled to be able to get my last treatment!  Side effects are the same, but much much more tired and headachey.  Came home and slept right away -- I cannot complain though by comparison to what it was with both drugs!  


Wed I go for my disconnect from the pump and next Monday I go for a nurse check.  After that I will go in every month to have my mediport flushed so that it doesn't clot.  Dr Frick recommended keeping my port for a year, which is the length of time for which they can remain in place without being used on a regular basis.  He suggests leaving it in, because for this type of cancer, if it comes back quickly, it will be back in 1-2 years.  Just to clarify, he is not suggesting that is my case--rather it is the "standard" recommendation.  In October, he had said that they were going for the cure with this treatment and today he said that he felt very comfortable that we did everything we could do.  I'll see the oncologist every 3 months for a year - not sure what the interval will be after that....probably either 4 or 6 months.  They will be watching my bloodwork for any signs of cancer popping up.  


Not much exciting to report - Chance has kept me on my toes with an upset digestive system....
fortunately all out in the yard- but still a mess to clean up.  Didn't walk him today like I thought I was going to -- will head out for a short one after this....


This morning as I left the hospital and headed for the clinic that is close to me, Is 46:4 popped into my head - and it is not even one that I have been memorizing -- it just came to me!


I will sustain you and rescue you!


That he certainly has done -- and I am thankful for:
His carrying strength
the end of chemo being in sight
seabands to control nausea without drugs
naps
rain to make things grow
clean water
flowers and plants growing (not counting weeds! tho I guess I am supposed to be thankful in all 
       circumstances.....have to think about that one...)
you for keeping tabs on us --for praying and for your encouragement!


Blessings on your evening!













No comments:

Post a Comment