Sunday, April 15, 2012

Melancholy in the waiting

Numbness continues in my hands and feet.....even with the medicine to counter it!


Had kind of a melancholy day today - was trying to find some pictures and found the pictures from my dad's last birthday.  It is truly so strange to me that he could look so good and be dead and gone within a year.  What's up with that?  I know people are killed in accidents every day, but it is  weird to have him gone, along with my mom--to have no parents on this earth...


I love the picture I put up to the side of my blog -- Faith is the bridge between where I am and where God is taking me -- It can be hard to stay faith-filled when all kinds of questions loom ahead.  As one friend put it this way, about her situation, " I am just not thinking about it!"  "I am focusing on what I know"
She went on with Ps 118:1 
Give thanks to the Lord for He is good
His love endures forever!


And so I go - not thinking about my parents being gone - not thinking about tomorrow 
(God says it has enough trouble on its own!) just trying to be thankful and focus on what all God has already done for me!  
He has brought me to chemo 11 tomorrow - hopefully....


Blessings on your Sunday!

No comments:

Post a Comment