Thursday, April 19, 2012

Disconnected from # 11!

Got disconnected from my pump yesterday afternoon - yay!  
Doing ok - hands and feet tingly - nausea comes and goes -it is mostly bad indigestion still. 
Energy comes and goes - more goes actually!  Have been using my "up" moments to try and catch up domestically - or to play in the dirt :) Then I rest.


Trying to be really good and not wear myself out because tomorrow night is the Lutheran High School Association Auction - a favorite, fun event!  Hoping that I will be feeling good by then.  
I am definitely droopier than I was last  time -- it must be the nupogen shots that helped me feel better last time....


I am so thankful to be this far...It is so odd to think back and remember how far away this seemed in November....and here I am --one chemo to go!  I am starting to think of making my eye doctor and my dentist appointments!  (Chemo changes your eyes, so you don't want to get new contacts or glasses until about a month past chemo - and they don't want you to go to the dentist because the mouth is so full of bacteria, that a nick from cleaning could cause some serious infection)  
It seems like so long ago - but also like just yesterday!  It will seem weird and so very nice not to have to go to the clinic every week - not to get blood drawn every week and to feel more like myself!  I cannot wait!  The time I will have to myself - time spent in waiting rooms and in the infusion room!  I probably shouldn't get too far ahead of myself here....


God's timing is perfect...if everything goes well with my bloodwork, and I get chemo in another 1 1/2 weeks, then about the time that I start to come out from under the "chemo cloud" it will be one year since I went to stay with my dad for his final journey home.  
It will also be vacation time!  Some dear friends gave us their condo in Colorado AND plane tickets!  We are truly blessed beyond belief!  That was so kind and generous of them to do that for us!  What a great way to celebrate the end of chemo! 


As I look back, I am struck how many good things have come out of this...How He has sustained me through the worst of times....Only God could do that!
  
Ps 145:16 You open your hand and satisfy the desire of every living thing.


I thank my God every time I remember you - Phil 1:3
Thank you for walking this road with me -  You have blessed me immensely!  

No comments:

Post a Comment