Saturday, April 14, 2012

Trying to get Stronger by Playing in the Dirt!

Staying about the same - hands and feet are still feeling numb which I thought would have subsided after almost 3 weeks :(  
Did start the medication they recommended to combat this numbness - I take 1 at bedtime and when I woke up, I felt like I was walking 1/2 foot off the floor, and everything was kind of off kilter - like I was looking at it in a crooked mirror.  Typing is not going very well.  Isn't that grand?  On top of that, I still feel the numbness.  Makes me wonder how I will recover after this is all done.....

Puttering in the yard has been great therapy and distraction for me - though I don't get anything big done without Todd - it still feels good to be doing something "normal" --besides -- it is more fun than cleaning house!  
My muscles are in revolt - after all that lying around -- Aches and knots in my shoulders are my reward - but at least they are from work and not from drugs!  
The chemo drugs make me sensitive to sun, so I am to wear long sleeves, long pants and lots of  sunscreen etc. which is pretty odd when everyone else is in short sleeves and shorts!   Today it is warm and lovely though, and I am kind of ignoring the long sleeve thing a bit --tho I  work mostly in shade.... On my face, where I missed with the sunscreen, I am getting dark freckles - some that look suspiciously like age spots :(  rrrrrrrrr.......
If it is not one thing, it is another!
Praying that all this physical activity builds my blood enough to get chemo on Monday! 

A friend sent me this song - thought you would enjoy it --
  

This is gonna make me stronger!  
He who began a good work in me will carry it to completion! Phil 1:6 C, Moritz version :)

Blessings to you and yours!  Thanks for checkin' in!  
  

No comments:

Post a Comment