Monday, April 16, 2012

#11 underway!

It's amazing how quickly I forgot how this brings me down!  One little week and I forgot how yucky you feel!  
Headachy - more tingling in hands and feet- typing ,texting and writing a challenge - very tired - clumsy - slightly nauseated- brain foggy (no jokes here!) facial color a nice yellow/gray  (yuck!)


So very thankful to be this far!  Missing Todd as he is out of town until tomorrow night :(  Hoping it was not a mistake to cancel that care calendar!  Thinking all will be well  -- just not sure about the gabapentin......praying I do really well because it is the close of our Beth Moore study tomorrow!!! I would hate to miss that!  Praying also for safe travel for Todd and the ministry team!


So many people have commented on how good I look - Thank you for the encouragement!  
I believe this is attributable solely to all the people who are praying for me.  
Today's infusion was at the hospital, not at the neighborhood clinic.  Walking in to a much larger group of chemo patients today, I was again struck by how very sick so many of them look - 
all ages
very thin or quite heavy
some not heavy but swollen up
mis-shapen bodies
yellow, green or grey skin tone 
limp, saggy skin
deep lines in their sad faces
looking pained as they sit there
cautiously making their way to the bathroom-dragging their IV poles
tubes everywhere
no energy or vitality


I don't fit these descriptions!  The only way I can be going through the same kind of treatment as all these people (chemo in general-each person's drug cocktail is different!) and not 
be afflicted with their problems is God!  [Hairspray and make up only can do so much!  :)]
so THANK YOU! for praying for my strength and ability to endure.  It has made such a difference.    


Phil 1:18-21 - yes and I will continue to rejoice for I know that thru your prayers and the help given by the spirit of Jesus Christ, what has happened to me will turn out for my deliverance!  I eagerly expect and hope that I will in no way be ashamed, but will have sufficient courage, so that now as always, Christ will be exalted in my body whether by life or by death.  For me, to live is Christ, to die is gain......


This is what I strive for~


Blessings! Thank you for checkin' in and for your prayers for me!  













No comments:

Post a Comment