Tuesday, May 1, 2012

1/2 way thru the last one!

Side effects are holding - same as yesterday -- mostly tired.


Quiet day today - made it to bible study thanks to a chauffeur!  Napped and did a few domestic things - and that is about it!  


Streams in the Desert had several lines today that really jumped out at me.


"I often hear people praying for more faith, but when I listen carefully to them and get to the essence of their prayer, I realize it is not more faith they are wanting at all.  What they are wanting is their faith to be changed to sight.  
Faith does not say, "I see this is good for me; therefore God must have sent it."
Instead, faith declares, "God sent it; therefore it must be good for me."
Faith, when walking through the dark with God, only asks Him to hold his hand more tightly."


There is much in those words - we want our faith to become sight --
instant gratification!  
and


"God sent it; therefore it must be good for me....."


-- how difficult to wrap my brain around....


Thank you for checking in --

No comments:

Post a Comment