Monday, April 23, 2012

Elated

Nurse check today - side effects are holding - fingers and toes numb and mouth sores popping up - but sleeping pretty well, and feeling stronger which is a great blessing!

Friday night was our Association's dinner auction, and as you know, I was hoping very much to be able to attend that with Todd.  I thought that it would be great to be able to be there and sit out of the way, and visit with a few people.  
As is so often the case, God so exceeded my hopes!  I had good energy and felt strong -- I think I got more hugs than I have ever gotten in my life!  I was able to greet people and stand and chat (standing is very tiring for me and I often cannot stand for very long - so this  was really unusual)  When I got tired, I sat down with a dear, fun older lady who could not navigate the crowd -  and we had a lovely visit.  I was able to eat well (stole Todd's cheesecake too!) and not feel sick.  
Ps 145:16 says, "You open your hand and satisfy the desire of every living thing."   God just poured out strength and blessing on me over and over through the people I got to visit with -- I was so happy to be able to be there!  

The blessings did not stop there!  Our church was having a women's retreat which started Fri evening and went all day Sat.  I had hoped that by some chance I would be able to go on Sat  but did not know how that would play out.  Again God showered me  with blessings!  After staying until the auction was totally wrapped up--I woke up early, felt good, and had strength to drive to a friend's house and she drove to the retreat!  (I wouldn't have been able to drive 1 1/2 hours each way and make the retreat too!)  There were several God appointments there--I knew He had put me in the right place at the right time -- which is so elating and also so humbling!  Had I not gone, I would have missed those blessings!  

Again, the blessings didn't stop there -- Sunday morning I woke up feeling good -- a little tired, but not exhausted at all -- That can only be God!  We went to church and I spend the afternoon puttering in the garden!  Todd helped me accomplish a few tasks that I was dreading - but the "dirt therapy" was wonderful!  Somehow I always feel closer to God, kneeling in the dirt with his gorgeous creation around me!  (breezy and chilly, but gorgeous!)

Another blessing was to be privileged to speak w a dear friend about blood in the stool and what that all meant and what the next steps would be --
This doesn't sound like much, but finding something good (early detection) coming out of something "bad" makes it all worth while --
If I hadn't been obedient to God's nudge and been so public about my story -- they would not have felt as comfortable to "talk poop!"  :)  Sometimes obedience is hard -- but the reward is so worth it!

Ro 8:28
He works all things together for good to those who love him and are called according to his purpose!

Thank you all so much for praying for me, for my strength and for this weekend -- Your prayers have granted me strength and I am so thankful for that!  After being so sick and weak -- stuck on the couch -- the joy of being able to do something "normal" is amazing!  Thank you for your conversations with God about me!  You are a blessing that I treasure!  


No comments:

Post a Comment