Tuesday, April 10, 2012

A Great Easter weekend and maybe Chemo today

Stilll have side effects-
tingling, peeling, cracking hands and feet and one stubborn mouth sore and poor balance has
     been added into the mix now!  
Not sure if they will do chemo today because of them.  


We enjoyed a very nice holy weekend.  Paul came home and it was a weekend full of "honey do's"  - always more fun when Paul is around!   Especially because we break up the work with canasta games - I won 2 sets!! - a personal best against those two! (This doesn't happen often because I am not a card shark and didn't play games as a kid so didn't learn about strategy and things like that which come so naturally to my competitive men!)


Some blessings from the weekend include 
Feeling well enough to serve as a prayer partner for one of the services
Accomplishing a few cleaning projects 
Playing in the dirt (Todd made this possible!!) -we split and moved some plants  :) loved it!!!
Easter worship 
An extra day yesterday with them both around :)
Nice weather
      Very thankful for these blessings - 


Because I have a bit more strength, I realize that psychologically, I have begun the "rebuilding" process.  I push harder to do things to build my strength back up -- There is the incentive of feeling stronger/better, which reinforces the hope/faith/knowledge that this is coming to an end and I will regain strength and "me" again.  It is a slow road back though.  Getting dressed, walking the dog and doing my morning routine wears me out-and I haven't even "done" anything yet!-so everything has built in rests and snacks.  
This is a rough way to learn to slow down and live life, instead of hurrying from one task to another.  I am thankful for the lesson and am pondering how to keep the slower pace from this valley and take it with me as I get stronger and able to "do" more.  I don't want to forget the how to "be" in the press of "do"ing all the "important" things that are on the list.  


I can't help but notice that in Ps 46 verse 10, "Be still and know that I am God," falls between a list of things that God did (not the author) and God being exalted throughout the earth.  There isn't much there that the author, or I, am to do except take refuge in Him, be still and know that He is with me......


Come and see the works of the Lord....
He makes wars cease... He breaks the bow...shatters the spear...burns the shields
       (not the writer, or other people - God does)
Be still and know that I am God.
I will be exalted among the nations
I will be exalted in the earth.
The Lord Almighty is with us, 
The God of Jacob is our Refuge.


In this noisy, busy, 24/7 day and age - may we all learn to be still before the Lord and 
to take that attitude of stillness with us as we check off our "to do lists."


Blessings on your Tuesday! Thanks for checkin' in!





No comments:

Post a Comment