Tuesday, April 3, 2012

Life is short and time is precious!

Nurse check went well - blood work is good - No nupogen needed!  Yay and my liver enzyme levels are back to normal!   Praising God for that!  
Side effects  have been mostly mouth sores, hands cracking and tingling and feet starting to tingle
Energy has been good -I pushed hard while the kids were home :) I foresee naps this week to try and catch up!  Sleep alternates between deep sound sleep and not sleeping at all ..... which doesn't help my brain to work well!


My heart is overflowing with thankfulness -- The time with our family all together has just been such a gift.  It is  difficult to coordinate schedules for Lyle's busy family with 4 children, Karl and Gretchen's school and work schedules and Paul's school - oh ya and Todd's crazy calendar too!  It was so fun to be all together on Sunday....I am just amazed that Todd pulled off such a surprise -- he was pretty sneaky!  It must have been a LOT of work and I am so appreciative of it!!


Today is back to reality -- Paul went back to school yesterday - Karl and Gretchen flew out this morning- Todd went back to work - man the house is empty!  I am focusing on thankfulness for the time to avoid feeling too sad.     


As I eased back into reality today I was saddened to learn that one of my nurses (one who I have seen the most) is retiring this week.  As we spoke, she shared that her husband had died a year ago....she is not all that much older than I am..... Life is short and time is precious!


In the "back to reality" mode,  I had some business to tie up regarding selling some of my dad's things -- I had consigned them into the care of an auctioneer in Indiana -- a charming young man that I judge to be around our son's age -- extremely knowledgeable, having learned the profession from his father.  I was stunned to learn that he had committed suicide.... I hope he knew the Lord!


Over the weekend, I observed that our 13 year old dog, Chance, has lost some of his vitality and spunk.  He has been a constant companion to me - seeing me through my mother dying, a round or two of depression, the stresses of raising children, relocating, becoming empty nesters, my father's death and chemo.  It makes me sad to see his condition  worsen.  He has been such a faithful companion, and now I am walking more slowly to accommodate him, using hand signals to communicate because he is completely deaf, making sure he takes all his pills and trying to ease his arthritic joints. This is an added realization that life is short and time is precious....
Yet I am so thankful that God has blessed us with him for so long....
Anticipating the house being even more empty is truly difficult though.


I am so thankful for God's great blessings - for
Todd's love and thoughtfulness
strength to endure this chemo 
that there are only 2  chemo's left
Karl and Paul loving God
Karl's Gretchen being a Godly young woman 
Chance 
time together
Spring  - sun, green grass
the daffodils that Todd and the neighbors planted, timed to come up when chemo was finishing
my Bible study buddies who have been so loving and supportive 
technology that keeps me connected
Holy week-a reminder that what I endure is nothing compared to what Christ endured for me


When things get tough, I run to God -- I am so weak by myself.


Jer 29:11  I know the plans I have for you Christine, plans to prosper you and not to harm you, 
                  to give you a hope and a future.
Rom 8:28 "I works for the good of those who love me!" 
Is 55:8     "For my thoughts are not your thoughts, neither are your ways, my ways" declares the
                  Lord.  (I cannot understand God, only trust him)
Phil 4:13   I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me
1 Thess 5:16-18  I am to 
                  Be joyful always, pray continually; Give thanks in all circumstances.


" Blessed be the name of Lord, blessed be your name
  Blessed be the name of Lord, blessed be your glorious name...
  Every blessing you pour out I 'll turn back to praise
  When the darkness closes in Lord, still I will say
  Blessed be the name of Lord ....
   You give and take away
   You give and take away   
   my heart will chose to say 
   Lord blessed be your name....


http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7Qp11X6LKYY by Matt Redman - 




Thanks for checkin in!  Blessings on your holy week!



No comments:

Post a Comment