Monday, February 13, 2012

"Strength will rise as we wait upon the Lord...."

Chemo postponed perhaps til Wed - but I feel pretty good!


My blood work was not good enough for me to get chemo today as the infection fighters are very, very low and the other counts are low also.  I got a shot today of nupogen and will get another tomorrow.  (This is the same shot they gave me before I flew to MT at Christmas.) The hope is that this will give me the boost that I need to be well enough to have chemo on Wed.  
The only other thing that I can do to help this is to exercise...tho he was not excited about me going to a club because of all the germs -- He liked the mall idea better - so I walked earlier and am going back again to walk some more...tough to get motivated!

What is so strange to me about all this is that I feel good!  I have energy, am eating well and have been walking about 2 1/2 miles daily the second week (chemo week even climbing the stairs is work!)  I do get tired pretty quickly though....


So in the category of whining--
there are so many extremely frail and ill patients who get chemo....why not me?
this shift meant that I had to change all the care arrangements that were set up because of Todd's traveling...and
I won't be feeling very great for going to the ballet this weekend :(  I love the ballet and am sad that I'll be really weary and have to wear a dumb little mask, if I feel good enough to go.....


How am I doing?  I'm better now, but I was shocked and I cried -- 
you psyche yourself up for something like this -- to have it declined when I feel good was like having ice water dumped over me.  The possibility of is messing up so many of our plans was really hard for me...but (Ps 33:11) The plans of the Lord stand forever...  


Enough whining -- I am very thankful 
that even if my blood is poor, I feel decent
that there is a shot that can help me
that I have helpful friends that I have to call
that Todd's less stressed because I'll be on chemo a shorter time while he is gone
that the goal of this is treatment is a cure
that we have tickets to the ballet to look forward to
that I have a mall close by to walk in


Strength will rise as we wait upon the Lord.... praying that this is the case...


Attitude adjustment time - boy do I need it!
God's guided this from the very beginning -- 
I don't get what he's doing now, but later I'll get it (John 13:7)
His plan is to prosper me and not to harm me (Jer 29:11)-- 
I have work to do for him (Eph 2:10) --
He is my healer(Deut32:39) -- 
He is always with me(Matt 28:20)--
He will strengthen me(Is 41:10)--
He'll work this out and good will come from it (Ro 8:28)
I believe, so I will see His glory (John 11:40)
He has blessed me to be a blessing (Gen 12:2)
And I remember his promise from James 1:12 
Blessed is the man who perseveres under trial, because when he has stood the test, he will receive the crown of life that God has promised to those who love him...


Thanks for checking in and for praying for us!  
God's blessings to each of you!








   

No comments:

Post a Comment