Friday, February 17, 2012

Disconnected - 7 down 5 to go

Side effects more prevalent this time - otherwise ok - enduring this time


Hands a bit worse than normal - exhausted!  facial swelling - mouth sores - nausea pretty much the same- Yuck!


Here's a chuckle for you - when I turn in for the night, I have to lotion my hands and feet to prevent the hand/foot syndrome getting worse.  I cannot wear gloves because separating my fingers makes them too cold so they tingle. I wear little shorty socks on my hands and my feet.  When I sleep normally, I sleep with a pillow between my knees because of my back.  When I have the pump on, I have to add a pillow to my stomach, to hold the pump up so it doesn't pull on my back.  
Because of the socks on my hands, grabbing things like pillows is a struggle.  so when I go to turn over, it is quite an adventure- sock mitten off, turn over, move stomach pillow, argue with the pump about where it is going to lie, adjust the blankets over my feet depending on if they are in the cold or hot stage of the hand/foot syndrome... put sock glove back on....All in all, not very conducive to going back to sleep!  
Add to this that while on that pump, I have to get up every several hours to use the bathroom....
I used to take sleeping well for granted....not any more!!
Maybe this is why I am always so groggy on disconnect day!  




Today truly has been a day lost in haze -- I am up, but not really awake.  I lie down and sleep like a rock (except when turning over)  What is amazing to me is that in the middle of all this haze, God will bring people to my mind that I know he wants me to pray for...and I do.  It surprises me every time because they are not people that would normally be crossing my mind.


As I doze, I think of Psalm 4:8
In peace I will both lie down and sleep for you, Lord, alone
make me dwell in safety and confident trust. 


Confident trust -- I am trusting for a cure!  7 down 5 to go!
Thank you for your prayers and support -- I am humbled at how many of you continue to reach out to encourage me and pray for me!  
Blessings to you!

1 comment:

  1. I'm so thankful you are over the hump and will. Be able to count down instead if up!

    ReplyDelete