Thursday, February 23, 2012

Nurse Check report-nupogen needed!

As I thought, my blood levels were low-I am blessed tho - they are giving me 3 nupogen shots to 
  strengthen me in hopes that I can receive chemo next Tuesday.  
My cold is managable - I attribute that to all of your prayers, because is just stopped
  progressing and is in that lingering stage--and that was before the shot!  
My hands and feet are still problematic...hands stinging and feet burning--if they could just
  reach a happy agreement and be warm it would all good!
My hair is thinning at a more rapid rate - sad but could be worse.


Was very blessed to be able to attend Ash Wed services and am going to Sam Bohachek's funeral today.  I know I am supposed to avoid crowds -- but I am not able to stay away.   
We do this work for kids to be able to grow in the knowledge of their Savior -- 
and a kid is with Jesus now...
I need to show support to this family - even tho they don't know who me -- 
I know the power of people showing support -
It is like nothing else - a portrait of heaven I believe....


Sam died of a probable seizure caused by a golf ball sized tumor in her brain.... Today's service is to celebrate her life -- we're to wear Packers or Milwaukee Lutheran gear, or purple! How great is that? Praying that the snow holds off for this service.....


Last night, as we sang "Turn your eyes upon Jesus" last night, I realized the truth of the words.  
    Turn your eyes upon Jesus Look full in His wonderful face,
    And the things of earth will grow strangely dim 
    In the light of His glory and grace.  


the things of earth will grow strangely dim in the light of His glory and grace.....
As I keep my eyes fixed on Him, dwelling on what he has done for me, so many of the cares and worries of this world become manageable -- their huge, weighty importance fades...
When I keep my eyes fixed on Him, I become stronger through his strength.  
Where I look is what keeps running through my mind....
  Jesus or test results
  Jesus or "will I be different after chemo"
  Jesus or my bad hair day
  Jesus or "I want to go do that and can't - poor me!"
  Jesus or pain, discomfort, embarrassment
  Jesus or "I want what they have..."
  Jesus or _________________(you fill in the blank)
How do I keep Jesus as my focus?  Well, I struggle and fail often!
But I keep trying to drag my eyes back to him.  Usually I do this by wearing a large bracelet or rubberband or uncomfortable ring -- something that will bother me and make me fiddle with it. When I fiddle with it, it is a mental shake -- 
Focus girl!!!  What are you spending your time thinking about?  
                   What are you obsessing about?            
                       Can you really accomplishing anything by doing this?


Heb 12:2
Let us fix our eyes on Jesus, the author and perfecter of our faith......
who for the joy set before Him, endured the cross, scorning its shame, and sat down at the right hand of the throne of God.....


Because He loves me, He paid the price on the cross of all my many screwups so that I could be in heaven with Him...


I dare not be so ungrateful as to focus on anything else....It makes all things bearable......


A blessed Lent to y'all --
Focus!  :)










No comments:

Post a Comment