Monday, February 27, 2012

Blood is Good! Round 8 tomorrow afternoon!

My blood levels are good enough for chemo tomorrow, so I can stay on schedule!!  
Liver panel was elevated, but not bad enough to stop chemo -- they said they would watch it.


Thanks for praying -- I did not think that this would happen because I have been so  tired. 
My hands are still stinging at day 12, so the docs are discussing whether they should dial back the oxalyplatin to 50% or leave it at the 75% dose that they did last time or discontinue it completely.  
I get very tired from simple things like standing around chatting but I have been pushing myself to walk to  build up my blood - I guess it worked!  The moving is easier to tolerate than standing still - though I get winded easily.  Slowly and steadily I am getting weaker but I am fighting it!


Had several firsts today.  Because my blood draw is today and my chemo is tomorrow, and they draw the blood for my tests through my port, check it and then do the infusion through the same line, today I came home with the needle and tubing still attached to my port so they don't have to re-stick me tomorrow.  It doubles the size of the bump and had to be taped down and the "tail" of the tubing feels funny - there's a valve on the end of that also.  Ah the adventure...
The other first is that my liver panel was elevated.  I am not entirely certain, but I think it means that the enzymes put out by the liver showed that it was not working normally.  
Just when you think you know what is going to happen, you get a surprise!  :)


As I walked today with Chance, I was thankful for lots of things:
Sun and a beautiful blue sky - even tho it was a balmy 35 degrees- it was beautiful!
Bursts of energy in between the tiredness
Daylight lasting longer
Feeling good enough to make church and bible study
Typing with less backspacing (chemo makes me clumsy - I make lots of mistakes!)
Being able to see the blessings that have come out of this cancer like:
   reconnecting with friends from long ago - (20-25 years ago!)
   encouraging other people who are struggling 
   getting to know my neighbors better- (they are great!)
   Todd being home more
   realizing that simple things should not be taken for granted- 
      like the taste of water or being able to eat or see clearly
   seeing how prayer carries me through-making it easier
   receiving the outpouring of support  - we stand amazed and thankful
   learning to take nothing for granted --to be more thankful for things that go right


Sometimes it is a struggle, but I am trying to be joyful, to pray continually and to give thanks in all circumstances 1 Thess 5: 16-18.  I remind myself what Jesus says in John, "Did I not tell you that if you believed you would see the glory of God?"John 11:40 and "You do not know now what I am doing, but later you will understand."John 13:7 


Thanks for checking in! 
Blessings to you !



No comments:

Post a Comment