Friday, February 24, 2012

Blessed ...to be a blessing

Oh my! Nupogen makes me full of energy-but with an edge to it-kinda like a large, leaded (translation=caffienated) starbucks...I can't sleep either! 
I get 4 hours a good night after a shot so I am pretty grumpy today!  
Got my third shot today - 
Side effects are pretty minimal right now 
- still have cold issues with my hands and face if it is windy out 
- still am emotionally sensitive [a friend gave me a funny sign -"The witch is in"  ;)]
but - water tastes good still - yay!


I was blessed to be able to attend Sam Bohachek's funeral yesterday.  It was amazing to have so many people grieving their loss, but mostly rejoicing over her life, her victory and supporting her family.  It was such testimony!  Great job  Pastor Dan!

Thankful for simple things:
A smile
Chance running with joy and walking happily (He is old and often arthritis makes him walk "old")
Seeing a wild hawk within ten feet
Snow!
Water tasting wonderful
Energy to feel like more like myself rather than just a pale shadow
Puffs plus lotion
Delicious dinners that friends make for us
People saying that something I wrote blessed them
  Gen 12:2 I have blessed you....and you will be a blessing....

It brings tears to my eyes when someone says "you said just what I needed to hear".
It is a reminder and confirmation that 
  I am blessed for being obedient to His pushing me to be public about our journey, and 
    I am being a blessing... 

Gen 12:2 is the verse that my Grandfather chose for me when I was born and it has become my life verse - part of my legacy to our boys.  
You see, when I was born, there was no gamaglobulin to counteract a difference in blood types.  My parents were A+ and O- which meant that my mother was allergic to me.  That I was "normal" was a total God sized miracle.... (no jokes!  I heard them all from my dad already!)  I had to have a complete transfusion when I was born and was baptized in the incubator because they thought I would not live... 
So when someone says that I blessed them, it is confirmation that I am doing what God wants me to do....and that I am living out my blessing.  

Every time someone says something like this to me it catches me off guard because to me, what I write is not a big deal.  It feels pretty ordinary to me -- I use a lot of other people's material and just try to share what works for my life.  The encouragement that I share is what I have received -- how I have learned to live through heartache, to endure, to focus and smile in the process.  Many times I am giving myself the pep talk and you just happen to be there :)
I am thankful that sharing how I live my life is encouraging to you... 


Praise be to God....who comforts us in all our troubles, 
so that 
we can comfort those in any trouble 
with the comfort we ourselves have received from God.......
2 Cor 1:3-5


Thanks for checkin' on me - Be a blessing!

No comments:

Post a Comment