Sunday, February 19, 2012

Life is fragile.....

I have been tired, but the side effects are managable......
    feeling yucky, the hands tingle, and I am tired BUT
We did make it to the ballet-had a lovely day together-celebrated feeling good with dinner out....
Also made it to church and walked 1.5 miles today -- I am very thankful! 
For so long, we put things off --for various reasons(too little time - saving for something else-- too busy).....My diagnosis put things in a clearer perspective -- you never know what is going to happen tomorrow.....


Last night underscored this....
We got news that a beautiful student from Milwaukee Lutheran High school, a member of the dance team, Sam Bohachek, died in her sleep Friday evening....
she never woke up....
My heart breaks for her parents, her family, her friends, her school community, her teachers......


How do you offer comfort to breaking hearts?  God's words are all I can offer....


Is 55:8 "For my thoughts are not your thoughts,
  neither are your ways my ways," declares the Lord


Is 41:10 So do not fear, for I am with you;
  do not be dismayed, for I am your God
I will strengthen you and help you;
  I will uphold you with your righteous right hand.


2 Cor 1:3-4 Praise be to the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, 
  the Father of compassion and the God of all comfort, 
  who comforts us in all our troubles 
  so that we can comfort those in any trouble 
  with the comfort we ourselves receive from God.

1 Peter 5:7 Cast all your anxiety on him because he cares for you....

John 11:25 Jesus said to her," I am the resurrection and the life.  He who believes in me will live even though he dies..."

Thanking God that Sam is dancing with Jesus!  Praying comfort for her friends and family.....

Thank you for checking in - remember to be thankful!  You never know what tomorrow holds....








No comments:

Post a Comment