Thursday, November 3, 2011

Oncologist Apt tomorrow and One week post surgery!

I am healing up well, thanks to your prayers
Tomorrow morning we meet with the oncologist and hear his recommendations for treatment.


I am still:
 on pain meds and can't drive
 moving slowly, but getting faster
 eating bland food, but starting to spice it up a bit
 tiring quickly, but getting stronger........................ I am thankful
 thankful for friends who:
    give me rides to bible study,
    bring me cookies, 
    take me grocery shopping, 
    come visit me, 
    stack firewood for me,
    take me to the chiropractor,
    cook meals for me,
    share info about alternative therapies,
    pray for us!

It is hard:
 to hear Todd say, "Christine has stage 3 cancer." (brings tears)
 to be dependent
 to ask for help 
 to receive help...but I am learning


How am I doing?  I am doing pretty well.  
If I average all my moods, on average, I am peaceful, contented and thankful.  
   (Do not think that I am falsely optimistic here - I do have bouts of tears and fears!)
My sense of humor, which has been dormant for many years has surfaced again.
   (this is a miracle, because there really isn't lots to laugh about, and laughing hurts!! a lot!!!)  :)
I treasure the scriptures which continually give me courage and love to hear from you some of 
    your favorites.  (my e-mail address is now at the top of the blog page, to make this easier)
When I start having a pity party, I look at my prayer list -- so many have it so much worse than I 
    do -- I pray for them and that sets me back on course.


All the good things that you read about here, I believe are directly the result of all of your prayers, holding me up, reminding me of what God has already done for me, keeping me peaceful.  


Thank you so much for checking on us and all your help! God's Blessings


                                  "To live is Christ - to die is gain" Phil 1:21  













No comments:

Post a Comment