Tuesday, November 29, 2011

yuck but bearable

I feel disgusting but will get through it!


Humbled some more - exhaustion made me leave bible study early this morning :(
Smells affect me profoundly w a gag reflex 
     (like people's hand lotion or after shave, perfume or the scent diffuser in a public rest room)
I alternate between sweating profusely and being chilled to the bone - nice huh?
I am not hungry-nothing tastes really good (chemo messes w your taste buds)
   Todd is patient, getting me to eat-I am so thankful for him!
There is no energy to walk :( gotta really push myself and only made it 1/2 mile
     and my hands, feet, face and butt feel like they have needles sticking in them- weird!
Spasms in my hands make typing/texting hard
Cold makes my eyelids twitch so my vision is distorted and makes my cheeks scrunch up and 
     my lips cramp like I am saying the oo sound


I cannot help but contrast how much love and encouragement I am receiving from all of you with how alone my dad was.  He lived with years and years of severe back pain from spinal stenosis - battled pain,  pain killers and loneliness after mom died.  There were people, including me, who tried to care for him, tried to reach out, to invite him over or out, to care for him.  He set us firmly at a distance.  How much richer his life could have been had he let us in to share his walk.  The poor man never let people minister to him.  I think he was afraid to let people in-to let them see his pain or sorrow.  That pride kept him on a very lonely island.  How sad!


I am thankful for being taught the lesson of sharing my life.  I had no idea how it would enrich my walk!  and to think that I almost didn't "go public"  -- what all I would have missed!  Thank you!

Someplace it says that a friend divides sorrow and multiplies joy - 
     anyone know where that is from?  --too tired to track it down - 


I cannot explain how you have divided my sorrow and multiplied my joy ----
to have so many people caring and praying for me...bringing me dinners....offering me rides....wearing my bracelets...beaming with smiles when they see me.... 
The blessings that I have received from being open about my walk have been huge!  
Thank you for all the encouragement and love!
I will make it through this - by God's grace and you all being "Jesus with skin on"!


Another thanks for those who do dinners for us!  They've saved our butts!  'Specially Todd's!   :)  
If you are bringing us a meal, and would like to drop off earlier in the day, that would be great! I am stronger earlier in the day, and It seems like it is easier, rather than fighting rush hour traffic. 
Some have asked what sounds good to eat, to which I smile and say, "it depends on the day."  Even if I feel yucky, I am thankful that Todd has a good meal, so God bless you for your efforts in this! and thank you for this tangible blessing!  We are so very thankful!







4 comments:

  1. Hi Christine,
    I first want to say how very much I look forward to your updates. When I get them at work I try and read them right away and then pray for you. I first read your update now from today. Gods timing is always perfect isn't it! As I read half way through the humbleness you are being taught it reminded me on another level of something Lauryn has gone through in the past month and wanted to share with you as it has encouraged me. Since Lauryn has had her ACL surgery one month ago here are some of the things at the age of 15 that have changed her life: 1. I will never take for granted that I can walk , run and jump. 2. I will never look at people in wheel chairs , crutches or walkers like Mrs Frost

    ReplyDelete
  2. and think different or less of them. 3. I will try to not judge them as different but the same as me in Gods eyes- we are all the same. We are made in His image. These are a few of the comments she has made to me in a month being at home 10 days on a motion and ice machine,

    ReplyDelete
  3. 24/7. She has tried to educate her friends and make then understand how " thankful " they should be that they can still play soccer and basketball, to walk and run, to be able to carry their school books from class to class. We all take so much for granted in life. So Lauryn is learning similar lessons in a different scope. And yet they are the same. It is all about trusting God to be our footprints in the sand when we can't , it's about

    ReplyDelete
  4. Living one day at a time, living life to its fullest in Christ daily, and yes thinking there is someone out there that is struggling more than we are. It all brings what we are going through in Gods almighty perspective. On Sunday as Kirsten was arriving at Anderson University she was met with tragic news. Her friend and one of 15 dance majors at AU was killed along with her father and her sister and her boyfriend in a plane accident. You can read about it on Facebook link. We ask why? Why pain, why tragedy , why accidents,,,it brings us closer to the cross which is the only place where we find true hope and peace. I will continue to pray for the peace that passes all human understanding to fill your heart completely. Hugs...robin

    ReplyDelete