Thursday, November 17, 2011

Riding the waves

I go back and forth between feeling pretty good and feeling just yucky!


Sometimes I feel almost normal, with my brain working and with just a tinge of nausea.  
However,
sometimes I feel like a favorite puppy toy, that has been dragged all over by an enthusiastic mongrel, used for tug o' war, shaken vigorously and then "buried" and slept on!  


The time lapse between the two seems to be a15 min slide down hill to a nap- and comes on without much warning, and a fair bit of nausea.  


Ginger has become my new best friend!  1/4 tsp of ginger in a cup of hot water seems to help the nausea a bit.  A dear friend brought me ginger gum last night at 9:15 to try and keep it at bay!  I am blessed by my friends!  


And my friends are pretty astute also!  All of you knew exactly what I was referring to and I got all kinds of e-mails with solutions to constipation!  Thank you very much!  (I was trying to be tactful yesterday!)  I am just hoping that I don't have the boomerang effect tonight! lol!


Things I am thankful for: (in no particular order)
Great Harvest Co Wheat bread - yum
My phone that delivers your encouragement
Todd
Drugs that will buy me time with my family
feeling good enough to be able walk
ginger
sunshine
Friends who share love, wisdom, encouragement like this:
"It's OK to be tired and "not doing anything" because you are doing something; you're allowing the chemo cocktail to do what it has to do and you are resting in the Lord as you wait."  


and this:
The Lord bless you and keep you, 
The Lord make his face to shine upon you
The Lord lift up his countenance upon you and give you peace.  (Numbers 6:24-26)
"Even though life is yuck right now for you, the Lord has not turned his face away or turned his back on you..  His face shines on you, his face is toward you.  It’s when we understand that we know his grace and his peace.  He will keep you in his perfect peace."

Thankful for God's peace - trying to get comfortable with my lot in life right now
Blessings to each of you and thanks for all the outpouring of love and encouragement!  

1 comment: