Wednesday, November 9, 2011

Git 'r done...

Tomorrow - Nov 10th - at 9 my mediport gets placed
Chemo starts Mon at 1:30


And I thought life was blurry before.....it just got blurrier...
just dreading this chapter of our life......It is difficult to be positive and optimistic as I read the side effects....I am sad.  


Desperate, sad times call for desperate, reassuring measures -- and a lot of kleenex.


Is 41:10 
So do not fear for I am with you
Do not be dismayed, for I am your God
I will strengthen you and help you; (even with side effects of chemo)
I will uphold you with my righteous right hand



1 Chronicles 28:20 
"Be strong and courageous, and do the work. Do not be afraid or discouraged, for the LORD God, my God, is with you. He will not fail you or forsake you until all the work ......is finished...."

2 Corinthians 4:7-11
But we have this treasure in jars of clay to show that this all-surpassing power is from God and not from us. 

We are hard pressed on every side, but not crushed; 
  perplexed, but not in despair; 
    persecuted, but not abandoned; 
       struck down, but not destroyed. 
We always carry around in our body the death of Jesus, so that the life of Jesus may also be revealed in our body. For we who are alive are always being given over to death for Jesus' sake, so that his life may be revealed in our mortal body. (may it be so!)

2 Timothy 1:7
For God has not given us a spirit of fear and timidity, but of power, love, and self-discipline. 

     (self discipline is currently a hiding under the covers - or is that fear and timidity?!)

Ps 23:4 Even tho I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I will fear no evil, for you are with me...


Ps 27:1  The Lord is my light and my salvation, whom shall I fear?  The Lord is the stronghold of my life, of whom shall I be (not even chemo's side effects!)


Some of these y'all sent me -- keep 'em comin'! It helps so much!  This is scary, yucky stuff and I am exhausted--they strengthen me. 


If you want more info on a mediport - google it - Wikipedia has a pretty clear explanation -- mine will terminate in the superior vena cava.  The purpose is to reduce the amount of "sticks" and cut the risk of infection.  Thanks to all of you for the feedback about having one -- it was very reassuring!


Thanks for the calls and encouragement - for the prayers especially.  I'm honored you take the time to read this and pray for us.   







2 comments:

  1. Take a look at Psalm 30. Wherever you see the word "foe" or "enemy" in a Psalm try substituting "cancer" (or anything else that seems like a foe or enemy). vv 2&3: "O Lord my God, I cried to you for help, and you have healed me. O Lord, you have brought up my soul from Sheol; you restored me to life from among those who go down to the pit."

    Psalm 31 vv 7&8: "I will rejoice and be glad in your steadfast love, because you have seen my affliction; you have known the distress of my soul, and you have not delivered me into the hand of the enemy; you have set my feet in a broad place."

    Jesus paid an awful price to cleanse you and me, and to heal us. He went to Sheol on our behalf, and, thanks be to God, was raised from the dead. Our spiritual path report comes back clean because He took on Himself that which would otherwise kill us eternally. We can be assured that He continues to care about us, and care for us, even as we make our way through this broken sinful world.

    As other friends have said, thank you so much for encouraging us in our faith as you share the details of your struggle. For us you are the person the Psalmist writes about in Psalm 30: "...you have loosed my sackcloth and clothed me with gladness, that my glory may sing your praise and not be silent. O Lord my God, I will give thanks to you forever!"

    ReplyDelete
  2. You can do this Christine....ALL THINGS....ALL THINGS!! Reminds me of a Donut Man video Kayla used to love as a little girl....the song was about Phillipians 4:13...the Donut Man would sing, "How many things can you do?" and the kids would sing, "All things!"

    Hang in there, friend!
    Love and hugs,
    Amy Kutz

    ReplyDelete