Friday, November 18, 2011

A Blessed Birthday!

Had a wonderful day today - felt almost normal and very, very loved!  

Today has been a really amazing day - full of surprises----the first of which was waking up to no nausea!!!  At first I didn't believe it and moved really slowly, and ate carefully.  Breakfast in bed! The nausea stayed gone though!  What a gift!  God rocked it today! 

When I walked, I did get tired quickly this morning, but tonight, I was able to go at a normal pace and a good distance :)  Another gift!  

I was blessed to have so many, many people remember me - 
 my boys -
   my ladies bible study  - 
    my small group  - 
     my St. Louis friends -
      and so many others very kindly remembered me and encouraged me.  
Thank you so very much for celebrating my day with me.  I can truly say that I have never had a birthday like this one!  

Psalm 103:2 
Praise the Lord oh my soul and forget not all his benefits.....

As I have walked this current path, some of what has given me courage has been the remembering of what all the Lord has done in my life.  
Today is another event for me to remember in God's list of gifts to me.  
Thank you for being a part of that and for showering me with so much love!  
God's blessings to each of you!  

1 comment:

  1. Happy b-day Chris; You stay in our thoughts and prayers. Thanks for the updates. We will pray for your strength and to feel better after all the treatments. I can only imagine how upsetting and frustrating it is to deal with all of this in your already hectic and demanding life. Please let Todd know my thoughts are often with him as well. I pray for his wisdom and for the Lord to continue to provide him with all the wisdom and resources he needs to provide the leadership that is needed. We are all well. Things at St. John continue to move forward under God's favor. I'm sure you would notice all the changes and how God continues to change this ministry... in so many wonderful and exciting ways. St. john is repositioned for a new era of growth that is being realized in almost ever important category, but especially in the large numbers of young families being brought to our Christian family. Carol and i are at the lake, borrowing the use of a member's condo for a few days to celebrate her b-day... the big 6-0 which is really hard to believe :). God bless and keep you and all those you love! Your brother in Christ; Stephen

    ReplyDelete