Tuesday, August 2, 2016

Surprised -- Again....

Bloodwork shows that diarrhea was not caused by infections 
Urinalysis came back clear 
Not sure what is triggering diarrhea -- thinking inflammation  - taking further steps to stop it  
Antioxidants in my blood dropped, but still are at a very good level(58,000) 
Electrolytes low - of course
Yeast (the bad kind) elevated  
Inflamation in my blood elevated 
The real kicker tho- 
Tumor markers are elevated-not terribly, but the trend is there...
     Remember the "node" in one of my lungs in June???




We did my bloodwork in early July and late July.  Normal for the tumor marker in question is less than 34.  Early July was 67, late July was 44.  It's good it headed down, but it means that there is cancer activity somewhere in my body.    

Both my nutritionist and my integrative doctors are encouraging us to consider going to Oasis of Hope soon so that we can catch this beast before it gets roaring and while I still have some strength to wage war on it.    
Another option is to do some of the therapies that they would do there, here in the area.  The downside to that is that it would be with a lot of driving around to the different clinics here.  Going to Oasis of Hope would be more protocols attacking in a concentrated effort. 
A third option is to pursue immunotherapy, but it needs to happen quickly!  More research...
Chemo is also a treatment option, but not for me.

Need to put it to prayer..... Please join us asking for wisdom.....

Regarding the diarrhea, they put me on a homeopathic medication that will work to stop the diarrhea in several different ways-meaning that several causes of diarrhea are being addressed instead of just one.  
They added in an electrolyte mix to boost them and they vastly increased the amount of coconut water I am to drink.  
My diet is even stricter now -- boiled chicken breast finely chopped with boiled white rice that has been cooked til it is mush.  The consistency is to be that of pablum! I can only use a little bit of salt, pepper and a bit of garlic.  I guess this is what I get for complaining about not being able to eat what I wanted!!! hahaha! 
My big excitement for the day will be my shakes - woohoo! and I'll be able to have bone broth as well.  
They are confident that with the changes to my diet and the different supplements I should be better within a few days-praying that is the case!   

So how am I?  
Rocked... Did not see this coming at all.  Thought my biggest problem was the diarrhea and kinda forgot about that node.....(that is called sticking your head in the sand!)  Hanging on to God for dear life!

Lots to be thankful for tho --

In my prior go round with colon cancer, at no point EVER, were my tumor markers elevated.  I am so thankful that they are elevated so that I do not get complacent in fighting this battle--that I have a chance to choose what weapons to fight with....

Despite the elevated tumor markers, the rest of my blood work is good, given the stress of the diarrhea.  I am thankful for that.  

The things in my blood that are bad (yeast and inflammation) are things that the cold laser therapist can help with-which is great that I don't have to fight it with diet only!

Tho tired - really worn, actually- I am thankful to still feel good enough to be ornery about this and want to fight....after I get done crying --

Resting in his promise from Phil 1:6
He who began a good work in you will carry it to completion...

Thanks for checkin in!



  


No comments:

Post a Comment