Saturday, August 27, 2016

Home!

A brief post to say that we are back home - after 20 days! Very thankful! 

We were welcomed home to a clean house and a big pot of soup thanks to various friends -
So thankful for this blessing because the house had gotten out of hand with being gone so much and then surgery and then pain...
and the chicken soup is so healing!!!

You will hear more stories later about the amazing place Oasis of Hope is as time goes by.   For now, home is great medicine and I am praying that I can keep up my routine of naps and rest so that the good work that was begun there can carry on to healing!   It will be hard not to jump in again and think I can do things because I feel good -- it's hard to walk that fine line of resting but pushing myself, but not too hard.   

One line kept sticking in my head today --
My integrative doc said, "Go now, while you still have some strength to fight with."  
As I was leaving this morning, I passed a lady that had come in recently who truly looked quite ill, gray and weak, as she sat in her wheelchair -- obviously too weak to make eye contact.  The hardest hit yet tho is a gentleman who came in with me, 20 days ago - and you could not tell he had cancer.  Yes he was slim, but not gaunt. His spirits were great - he and his wife are lovely people and we spent several meals with them.  They had planned to go to San Diego on Tuesday (the day off the vaccine)  It was quite a shock to see his wife come down to breakfast Wed morning and say he had not been doing well - hallucinating and possibly bleeding internally.  As of yesterday afternoon, he was doing even worse.  Things change in the blink of an eye!  One moment you have health - then next you are fighting for your life!  
It is a solemn reminder that it takes everything you have to fight this vicious beast of a disease. 

The moral of the story?  Avoid this at all costs!  
   
It makes me so thankful for all of you who are praying so diligently for me.  This truly makes a difference!  

Have a lovely, restful weekend!  Tell your special people that you love them! 

The Lord bless you and keep you -
The Lord make his face to shine upon you and be gracious unto you
The Lord lift up his countenance upon you and give you peace.....
     Numbers 6:24-26

Thanks for checkin' in! 


1 comment:

  1. So glad you are home and feeling good. Yes, rest, rest, rest. I admire your strength. Lisa Scherch

    ReplyDelete