Sunday, August 7, 2016

Hope


After much prayer, and looking at my scenario from many vantage points, we concluded that my best chance to beat this beast was Oasis of Hope Hospital in Tijuana, Mexico.  
I am well aware that this is pretty radical for many people to grasp, but chemo did not work before (remember, they said I'd be all good for 10-20 years) 
With the tumor re-growing so swiftly (March -June) time is of the essence.  
This morning after worship, we drove down and checked in --
Amazing how fast things change!  

God had lead us to my integrative Doctor, and he told me to go here back in June before our trip.  So thankful I got to see each of our kids before coming here.  I had no idea this would re-grow so fast - colon cancer is usually thought of as slow growing....

I knew Oasis of Hope Hospital was Christian, but the scriptures on the walls are such a comfort!  
Other blessings 
- I got to see 2 girls from my Tuesday morning bible study and one from Mom's life today, 
- friends came to our service and worshipped with us  
- I was able to hug several people who had been praying for me
We are so blessed! 

Everything went smoothly getting here.  I had an intake interview within 15 minutes of arriving ,then orientation and dinner and a much needed nap :)
We have great wifi which is quite a blessing - I can stay in touch with y'all!
Tomorrow starts blood draws, cleansing, mineral infusions and I am not sure exactly what else.  I know a PET scan at some point, but not sure when.

My gut is not really happy to be off my restricted diet -- praying there are no adverse ramifications from that -- talking to the nutritionist tomorrow 
The food is very good - but it is entirely vegetarian which will be pretty rough for these carnivores! lol!

Prayers for my gut to settle, for wisdom for the docs and a clear PET scan would be appreciated as there was a node in the R lung in June

This was one of the songs at church today...Tissues needed!  

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1m_sWJQm2fs

Your grace abounds in deepest waters
Your sovereign hand
Will be my guide
Where feet may fail and fear surrounds me
You've never failed and You won't start now

So I will call upon Your name
And keep my eyes above the waves
When oceans rise
My soul will rest in Your embrace
For I am Yours and You are mine

Besides the blessings mentioned above - I am deeply thankful that my Mother in Love's surgery went smoothly after a fall that cracked her hip -- she'll be up tomorrow!
Blessed by technology that keeps us connected - 
So very thankful for the OLu team that steps up and fills the gaps! Amazing people!

Thanks for the prayers -- they are truly carrying us!  Thanks for checkin' in! 

   

2 comments:

  1. I'm so thrilled that you are attacking this beast with Oasis of Hope. My prayers are daily with you & Todd! And I'm so thankful that you have good internet there to keep in touch with all of us who love you so much. "“Behold, I am the Lord, the God of all flesh: is there any thing too hard for me?” Jer 32.27

    ReplyDelete
  2. Doug, Ginny, Bella, Danny Erockson are praying for a miracle to take place in your life. So glad to hear that your sweet husband is there with you for comfort. We are praying for nothing less than a complete miracle Christine. Our thoughts and prayers are with you and Todd (and the boys), please let us if there is ANYTHING we can do to improve your experience in Mexico.. ANYTHING!. Please ask! Doug.erickson@lhsoc.org.

    ReplyDelete