Friday, August 5, 2016

More Tissues Please!

Like yesterday was not hard enough --
Went to the ER this morning due to back pain in the kidney area that was not manageable. 
They ran a CT.  
There are swollen lymph nodes choking the ureter again.  The stint is not strong enough to stay open so the kidney is backing up, not functioning and causing pain again.  
The ER doc, my urologist and my oncologist conferred and said that surgery won't help because it will content to grow back.  
They also were worried something else might be going on, perhaps in the bones.  
They are saying to do chemo right away.  

Very, very thankful for the blessings God put in the middle of this:
my kidney function is good
stronger pain management is available
there was no other sign of cancer anywhere else in the lower abdomen
one of my nurses was an Olu grad :) 
my CT tech was kind - 
     he fixed my IV when it blew rather than sending me back to the ER (45 min best
     case!) to get re-stuck, cleaned up the blood and gave me tissues I desperately needed
warm blankets
my memory verse cards to help me stay focused and not panic


I feel a little gullible that I did not think we would be looking at this situation again this fast. 

God is taking care of us, I know.  Ultimately my home is in heaven - Thank you Jesus.  It's the between here and there that is really fuzzy right now.  

Prayers please for wisdom as to the treatment to seek.  This is horrible and vicious!  
We need discernment for what treatment will grant me the most amount of time here. 
Prayers for our family as well- long distance is so hard -- you cannot hug and cry--just cry.


Thanks for checkin in -- your prayers sustain us!

7 comments:

  1. Praying praying praying and virtual hugging too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Praying continually for you, Christine. May God give you His peace, & clarity.

    ReplyDelete
  3. May God Bless you and All of your family and friends.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This spoke to my heart as I closed this day in prayer for you & devotions to our Lord:
    "He giveth more grace when the burdens grow greater,
    He sendeth more strength when the labors increase;
    To added affliction He addeth His mercies,
    To multiplied trials His multiplied peace.
    When we have exhausted our store of endurance,
    When our strength has failed ere the day is half done,
    When we reach the end of our hoarded resources
    Our Father's full giving is only begun.
    His love has no limit, His grace has no measure,
    His power no boundary known unto men;
    For out of His infinite riches in Jesus
    He giveth and giveth and giveth again."
    --Annie Johnson Flint
    My grace is sufficient for thee" (2 Corinthians 12:9).
    (From Streams in the Desert)
    My words are empty, but God's words are powerful! Once again,
    My grace is sufficient for thee" (2 Corinthians 12:9).

    ReplyDelete
  5. Jesus loves you Christine and you have His peace. I just prayed for you and Todd.

    ReplyDelete
  6. We are so sorry to hear of this latest turn of events and continuing to pray for wisdom and physical and emotional comfort. May our Heavenly Father's presence be more real and felt than ever before.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm saddened to hear this. My prayers for you are already heard in heaven. Oh Lord, hear from heaven, and come down among the Moritz family. Help, rescue, deliver, grant every needed blessing to strengthen them so they keep their eyes on You.

    ReplyDelete