Tuesday, March 22, 2016

Thankful for "normal"

Got the call to schedule my port placement -- 
So do NOT want to do that!!
True confessions - I did not return the call....There's time enough for that tomorrow...

Kind of emotional today --
Was very thankful to feel good enough to go to the thrift shop and work in the books for a 
  while -- It felt so normal!  
After all my talk about alternative therapies, a friend treated me to my first "juice!"  
 - It felt so normal!  
Talked with a friend for an hour while I straightened the house and did laundry - that also, 
  felt wonderfully normal. 

One thing she reminded me of is from Ps 139 that even tho I have no idea how long I will live, God has them all numbered  - He knows the number of my days and no statistics table reflects that!

I had asked on Facebook about referrals for holistic - naturopathic docs or referrals.  I had several responses and interestingly, one that got 3 recommendations from 3 completely separate people.  It's so cool when God points clearly.  

Woke up way before the roosters this morning!  When that happens, the only thing I do is spend time with God -- so here are some treasures of wisdom I got from Streams in the Desert:
When God delays, this is when he prepares us and matures our strength.  Then when the time is right, we will be equal to our task. 

When we are in a dark place, we should be careful to focus on learning all the lessons there, rather than focusing on getting out of there.

and from Mal 3:3 He will sit as a refiner and purifier of silver.  Like a true goldsmith, God stops the fire the moment He sees His image in the glowing metal....  

Trying to be patient, to grow strong, to learn lessons and to reflect his image ---but it is hard and scary....

Thankful for
Energy
Beautiful weather
Friends
Phones
Dr. Google - even if its confusing
Scripture
Prayers
Todd and his positive energy
The prayers of so many

            Thanks for checkin' in! 






No comments:

Post a Comment