Friday, March 18, 2016

Stats
Fighting migraines

I almost failed stats in college-the prof passed me out of pity or self preservation (I took up a lot of his time getting extra help!) Now as I wade thru statistics they still make me crazy-but they are suddenly more important that just numbers in a table.
There is the mainstream, medical side -- ya gotta do chemo NOW for the rest of your life and you might make it 2.5 years (25-35% are alive after 5 years-"but you will do better than that")

There is the "alternative therapy" side that says chemo poisons you, causes secondary cancers, and destroys your immune system.

I have read about asparagus, apricot pits, frankincense, turmeric as well as detoxing, footpaths, enemas and all kinds of things. Trying to figure out what to do is so challenging and overwhelming!

In addition, I have developed migraines. Never had them before and they are awful! I have not yet learned to discern a regular headache from a migraine as the headache starts up is --I have learned tho that I have to catch it early or I'll be throwing up very soon!

Lately I have felt that my blog is been flat. I realize that there is a lot about me and not much about God and his provision... So here are some of his "stats" in no particular order-- ways he has sustained me/us:

Had this not been painful, we would never have know my cancer was back.
The kids planned to visit before I started to have problems.
My surgery date avoided my first migraine (I would have ripped stitches vomiting)
I was recovered enough to enjoy their visit.
My first urologist could not help me but convinced my second urologist to accept me.
My second urologist was intrigued by my case because it was so difficult and he accomplished a complete excision.
My oncologist went out of her way to get me in to the urologist and in for a second opinion(outside of her normal responsibility)
My chiropractor asked questions to diagnose a migraine. (I thought it was flu)
Todd was able to get around my primary care's phone lines that were out and convinced her i needed more than over the counter help.
Friends sending me references for alternative therapies and websites.
Comments from people like-
"There is no statistic for Christine Moritz"
"Stats are just numbers-people beat stats all the time."
"You are too healthy to be gone in 2-5 years-that's for really sick people"
Random messages from people like -
"we are praying for you " or
 "I was at Grace Menominee Falls in the 2nd grade and they prayed for you by name" or
"I have a big prayer chain and i put you on it" or
"My boys pray for you every night" or
"I put you on our prayer chain at church" or
" all of Thrivent Northwest is praying for mom this morning"

Is this fun? No!
Is God still on the throne? Yes!
Is He still good? Yes!
Does he rain down showers of blessings in the midst of the storm?
Yes!!!

The Lord giveth and the Lord taketh away-- 
Blessed be the name of the Lord!

Thanks for checkin' in! You are dear to me!

1 comment:

  1. Hi Christine,
    My family and I go to the Center for New Medicine run by Dr. Erin Conneally M.D. It now includes a cancer treatment center. You can listen to some of her info on you tube. I just started seeing her about 6 months ago because an on-going long-term health issue that traditional medicine had no answers for. She is peeling away the layers to get to the root of the problem.

    ReplyDelete