Thursday, March 24, 2016

Flu and Emotions 

Woke up this morning sick again -headache, body aches,exhausted  yuck! 
MRI went smoothly-very loud tho! 
Have an appointment  at the integrative therapy clinic next Fri morning. 
Oncologist has requested a blood draw for "genetics" prior to scheduling the port-not sure what this means. 
Not hungry (those of you that know me well, know that's really weird!)

So how am I really? 
Feeling more whimp ish than warrior like!  
Waking up sick again is disheartening. Trying to determine if it is a flu headache or a migraine is difficult.  It is hard to think when your head is  pounding. 
Looking at the last month's calendar and all the headaches I have had and how crumby I have felt is a little scary. As I laid in the MRI machine and listened to it jackhammer away, it was impossible not to wonder whether I have cancer in my head. Add to that this mysterious blood test the doctor is ordering.  I really had to say a lot of memory verses to keep from freaking out in that little tube. Thank you so much for praying for me! Despite the roller coaster of emotions and freaking out, i did have peace during the test - It had to be the prayers! 

Regarding The integrative medicine clinic, it is run by M.D.'s who are trained in not only western medicine but also alternative therapies. I am hopeful that they will have suggestions for improving my odds of winning this battle.  They come highly recommended.  

I am trying hard to eat well – Avoid gluten dairy sugar and begin switching over to organic. That all by itself is overwhelming  for me--still eating our homemade bread tho!  I hope I start feeling better so I get hungry.

Thankful for: 
Headache medicine
Beautiful weather
Scripture to say to stay calm
Friends to call when I need a ride
An awesome husband who cooks well! 
A beautiful patio to sleep on when I feel yucky.
Birds to keep me company
Cards from friends to encourage me
Dusk -my fav time of day ---
The prayers of friends 

The lord is close to the broken-hearted and saves those who are crushed in spirit.  A righteous man will have many troubles, but the lord delivers him from them all.   
Ps 34:18-19

Call upon me in the day of trouble. I will deliver you and you will honor me.
Psalm 50:15

I'm pressed but not crushed persecuted not abandoned
Struck down but not destroyed
I’m blessed beyond the curse for his promise will endure
And his joy’s gonna be my strength
Though the sorrow may last for the night
His joy comes with the morning!
 I'm trading my sorrows ...my shame
 I'm laying them down for the joy of the Lord!            -Trading my Sorrows 
Thanks for checkin in!  Have a blessed Good Friday!

No comments:

Post a Comment