Thursday, March 3, 2016

Home!

Released late yesterday to come home
Pain continues to be a challenge, but making some progress
Doing ok - just tired - and don't let the pain meds lapse!
trying to get used to a stent...

You can infer that for me to come home, obviously all systems are functioning!
(Todd had way too much fun with my blog!)
Very thankful to be out of the hospital-they take such thorough care of you--you never rest!  
My nurses were, in most cases, great and made a huge difference.  So thankful in particular for Sun Hee(no clue about spelling - I had no glasses on!)  She figured out that my catheter was not draining because I put my knees up because of my sore back --- therefore everything was pooling in my kidneys and being very very uncomfortable!  She got to the root of the problem, did not just address the symptom! 

My tummy continues to gurgle unbelievably!  So loud and somewhat nauseated - but hanging in there!   

My goals today are to take several long naps (something not possible in the hospital)
to talk to my family
continue balancing the pain medicine
make progress on walking
make 2 follow up appointments - one with the surgeon and one with the oncologist.....
Had so hoped the one with the oncologist would not be necessary but that was not to be!  
and if I am super energetic (which I am not yet) - take a shower!  
It's the little things in life!!

Thank you to all of you who have e-mailed, mailed, texted, face booked and called and sent flowers and gifts!  We are honestly amazed at the volume of love you have sent our way.  Thank you!!!  It is quite humbling!  

Many have asked to come see us, bring us meals and visit.  At this point, I am truly worn out and not very hungry!   I really just need to rest quietly and be thankful for good medicine!  Please understand we are not trying to be rude -- it is an exhausting process!  Todd is our front line - accepting so much love and getting a lot of info out.  Please understand-  there are only so many pieces of the pie at this point! Hopefully we never sound rude - but if we do - please write it off to exhaustion!  

Thanks for all the love and thanks for checkin' in! 

The Lord bless you and keep you.....Numbers 6:24-26


5 comments:

  1. We lifted you up in prayer just before lunch today. Thankful that we have a God who hears -- and we know He is faithful.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Phew! Glad i didnt book a plane ticket. ;-) been praying for you with many people. Glad to hear you are out and resting!! Hugs and love.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Phew! Glad i didnt book a plane ticket. ;-) been praying for you with many people. Glad to hear you are out and resting!! Hugs and love.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am glad you were able to come home. Thank you Lord for sending that angel nurse that got to the root of the problem. Thank you for being so transparent regarding your needs right now. Often, it is a blessing to know exactly what you need😀 And don't have energy for. I am praying for your healing in the Name of Jesus.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sending you and Todd love and prayers from the entire Holley family! I appreciate all of your updates and I'm very happy to hear you are home!

    ReplyDelete