Sunday, March 6, 2016

New respect for pain management!

Managing medication, pain, and recuperation instructions is an intricate balance!
Rejoiced a little too early on Friday!  

This weekend has been a difficult blur --balancing moving like the doc said with allowing my body to heal, figuring out what this silly stent feels like and weaving in the ever challenging medicine dosing!  Throw in some insomnia,  a few strong doses of reality and you have quite a volatile patient!  Pray for Todd! Lol!

Friday night I slept little if at all. I was ok during the day on Saturday and last night slept by setting alarms and not letting any pain meds lapse.  This morning, I was blessed that I forgot to set a medicine  alarm and was able to go a large portion of the day today with no medicine at all!  That was Great!  
Why the rush to get off pain meds you ask?  They place a big strain on my organs and I need to get strong again!  I gotta get on with life ;)  This has taken up entirely too much time already!

Today was a domestic day, doing normal things in a slightly more awkward way due to a swollen tummy and some discomfort.  It was nice to enjoy a beautiful day and accomplish a few things on the list. Todd has been such a blessing to me - hashing through details and applying his amazing analytical skills to whatever I ask - whether it is medicine dosage, what is for dinner or how hard to push myself.  He is pampering me wonderfully, watching girly movies with me and cooking up a storm :)  I am blessed!  

So - Things to be thankful for -
Healing - and the Healer
My wonderful husband
Rain
A beautiful day
live streaming church  https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCNOASxb1AhX1if0bC9OGDQw
hearing from a friend from my grade school days
technology - and Todd 's help to make it work - lol

We were blessed to receive this link from a friend  - I pray it blesses you as it did us!  

https://youtu.be/lmxNhI4YHaI

The LORD is my my light and my salvation.  Whom shall I fear?  
The Lord is the stronghold of my life -- of whom shall I be afraid?  Ps 27:1
    
     He carries us!  Thanks for walking this road with us! Thanks for checkin' in!  
                Have a blessed Monday!  


No comments:

Post a Comment